Absurd Stat Line in Kentucky-Florida Game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Officiating has continued to ruin the college game. Anyone notice anything about the stats from this game where the officials would have a pretty big effect on the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
There is a very similar discrepancy currently ongoing in the UA @ A&M game. We've shot 8, they have 33.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This is the sort of issue the conference needs to take up at its spring meetings. The officiating as much as anything is hurting the quality of basketball in the conference. The home team bias has gotten really out of hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for the thread.....yesterday was absolutely horrendous for both Florida and Alabama.

Truly....I can't remember a day when I was more infuriated at the apparent bias in officiating.

In our game, we started off with a huge lead over Kentucky and within' a couple minutes our leading scorer (Kevaughn Allen) who obviously had the hot hand had 2 fouls on him and Coach White had to send him to the bench.

Later in the game - second half - we were on a run and our 'catalyst player' - point guard Chris Chiozza, got 2 fouls back to back, subsequently giving him and our other point guard Kasey Hill both 4 fouls with significant time left to play. One of the fouls on Chiozza was when he briefly placed his hand on Monk's hip....that was all. Monk, as good as he is, really was getting a lot of favorably treatment.

And if you haven't seen it...the double technical when Kentucky's Briscoe, who already had a rep as a dirty player, back handed Allen across the face as time out was called and Allen of course gave him a little shove back. Briscoe IMHO should have been ejected - but instead a double technical was called. They even reviewed the play so they couldn't have missed Briscoe intentionally slapping Allen in his face.

Meanwhile throughout the game plenty of no calls when Florida players were getting mugged under the basket and in the paint. Plenty....

So - normally I try to refrain from making statements like we lost due to the biased officiating - mostly because that's not the only reason we lost the game - in 9 out of 10 cases.

But it sure sucks to see the players giving everything they have only to have the officials essentially cheating them out of a fair called game.

In other words...this cheats the players. And this goes for all players including the Tide in last night's game with the Aggies.

:mad::mad::mad:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Thanks for the thread.....yesterday was absolutely horrendous for both Florida and Alabama.

Truly....I can't remember a day when I was more infuriated at the apparent bias in officiating.

In our game, we started off with a huge lead over Kentucky and within' a couple minutes our leading scorer (Kevaughn Allen) who obviously had the hot hand had 2 fouls on him and Coach White had to send him to the bench.

Later in the game - second half - we were on a run and our 'catalyst player' - point guard Chris Chiozza, got 2 fouls back to back, subsequently giving him and our other point guard Kasey Hill both 4 fouls with significant time left to play. One of the fouls on Chiozza was when he briefly placed his hand on Monk's hip....that was all. Monk, as good as he is, really was getting a lot of favorably treatment.

And if you haven't seen it...the double technical when Kentucky's Briscoe, who already had a rep as a dirty player, back handed Allen across the face as time out was called and Allen of course gave him a little shove back. Briscoe IMHO should have been ejected - but instead a double technical was called. They even reviewed the play so they couldn't have missed Briscoe intentionally slapping Allen in his face.

Meanwhile throughout the game plenty of no calls when Florida players were getting mugged under the basket and in the paint. Plenty....

So - normally I try to refrain from making statements like we lost due to the biased officiating - mostly because that's not the only reason we lost the game - in 9 out of 10 cases.

But it sure sucks to see the players giving everything they have only to have the officials essentially cheating them out of a fair called game.

In other words...this cheats the players. And this goes for all players including the Tide in last night's game with the Aggies.

:mad::mad::mad:
Briscoe needs to be thrown to the bottom of The Barry Canyon

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Word is that officials brag among themselves about assignments to Rupp. When they get those assignments they make sure they are not blacklisted from future assignments.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This seems like the typical way of doing things. Heard someone on the radio a few weeks ago comment "It doesn't matter if each team has the same number of fouls. When those fouls come can be just as important."

We saw it against TAMU Saturday night. Dazon and Riley both got hit with their fourth and fifth fouls when Bama was making its run.

Got a link to a video of it? Couldn't find it with a quick YouTube search.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This seems like the typical way of doing things. Heard someone on the radio a few weeks ago comment "It doesn't matter if each team has the same number of fouls. When those fouls come can be just as important."

We saw it against TAMU Saturday night. Dazon and Riley both got hit with their fourth and fifth fouls when Bama was making its run.

Got a link to a video of it? Couldn't find it with a quick YouTube search.

Go to the 8:15 mark...you can actually see it happen in real time. Then they show several slo-mo's.

Allen's little shove wasn't that bad, IMHO and an understandable reaction to being back-handed by Briscoe.

Water under the bridge at this point, I guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.