2017 Team

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
One thing you can say about this team, they are well coached. This staff is getting the most out of this team as they can. Just watch the detail and little things that are being done right. Haven't seen coaching like this since Jim Wells left.
I know for the casual fan, they just look at the record. But I've been around baseball a long time and I like what I see in the staff and the team's competitiveness. You just have to understand that the talent level isn't there to compete at the SEC level...yet, but its coming.
I know its early and things will get worse, record wise. But if the team won't give up on the season, they will be setting a strong foundation for the future of this program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
One thing you can say about this team, they are well coached. This staff is getting the most out of this team as they can. Just watch the detail and little things that are being done right. Haven't seen coaching like this since Jim Wells left.
I know for the casual fan, they just look at the record. But I've been around baseball a long time and I like what I see in the staff and the team's competitiveness. You just have to understand that the talent level isn't there to compete at the SEC level...yet, but its coming.
I know its early and things will get worse, record wise. But if the team won't give up on the season, they will be setting a strong foundation for the future of this program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will agree the effort and energy seems better than last year. However, I don't see where the coaching is much better. The offense seems better, more aggressive but the defense up the middle, primarily catcher is a joke. Three or four of the passed balls yesterday by Poe were passed balls, plain and simple.

We've had 4 guys behind the plate so far in 6 games. Kaufman is showing to be the best combo of offense and defense. Devinny is a senior leader who has looked the best defensively. Time to rotate the two of them is some fashion and quit the musical chairs back there.

The team has enough talent to fight for the middle third of the SEC and be in the regional talk. Just need the coaches to step it up...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
We have certainly had the baserunners to be in all of these games, we just can't seem to string them together. Maybe that will happen and maybe it won't. We will see. Right now this looks like the worst team we have had since xCBS was at Alabama.

rtr

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
When you screw up an intentional walk.....................something is wrong.

Far too many mental lapses, and really big ones, at key points in the game.

I have no idea what is going on, but something better get sorted out really dang quickly, or we are going to get buried, in conference play.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.