RIP Judge Wapner

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"This is the plaintiff, Bubba Schmedley. Bubba bought an RC and a moon pie from Larry's Furniture Store in conjunction with his termite spray. Afterwards, Bubba had major dumping episodes he blames on the Salmonella i the moon pie, subsequently ruining his best Speedo thong and leaving his speed boat cushion an unattractive brown. He's suing for $1,230.88."

"This is the defendant, Larry "Darryl and Darryl" Wilson, owner of Larry's Furniture Shop. He says that the plaintiff was always full of crap and that he, in fact, gave Bubba a discount because he knew Bubba was lactose intolerant. He says that while Bubba's bowel movements are tragic with tragic consequences, he assumes no liability for Bubba's extreme regularity. He is accused of selling a poisoned moon pie to Bubba."

(Typewriter sounds.......)

This is a real life legal case. The participants are not actors but have been served summons to appear in a California municipal court. Both parties have agreed to dismiss their cases and have their case settled here - in our forum - the People's Court!"

"Hello, I'm Doug Llewelyn, welcome to 'People's Court.' This is the case of the Bad Moon Rising...."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Loved Wapner on the Peoples Court. After that show presided over a show called Animal Court, nothing but lawsuits over animals.

He was by far the the best TV court judge ever.

RIP old friend.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hey Selma, I like the cases where the plaintiff (a female) says" I let the defendant use my credit card, I bought him a phone and put him on my phone plan. We rented an apartment together and he didn't pay a dime toward anything. He owes me three thousand dollars."

Judge asks "How long have you known the defendant?"

Defendant replies "about two weeks" :eek2:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Bazza, I had forgotten Rusty the Bailiff. Wonder if he'is still alive. I had also forgotten that Doug Llewelyn was on with Wapner. Llewelyn is still on the Peoples Court with Judge Milian. Ole Doug been around a long time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey Selma, I like the cases where the plaintiff (a female) says" I let the defendant use my credit card, I bought him a phone and put him on my phone plan. We rented an apartment together and he didn't pay a dime toward anything. He owes me three thousand dollars."

Judge asks "How long have you known the defendant?"

Defendant replies "about two weeks" :eek2:
I'm sitting there as an 11-year old thinking, "REALLY?"

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Bazza, I had forgotten Rusty the Bailiff. Wonder if he'is still alive. I had also forgotten that Doug Llewelyn was on with Wapner. Llewelyn is still on the Peoples Court with Judge Milian. Ole Doug been around a long time.
Rusty is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I forgot about him too until I watched that video, Seebell. Classic!

DL returned to the show last fall but the guy he replaced, Curt Chaplin, was a REAL jackwagon! Always making smart aleck remarks which most of the time were completely off track. I hated that guy. Glad to see old Dougie (Mister Roberts reference) back!

This is that tool bag, Chaplin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.