Latest Bama News 2/27/2017 Thru 3/5/2017

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Alabama builds $10M arena for Adapted Athletics-abc3340/rbr

The two-story facility will include a NCAA regulation game venue for wheelchair basketball, locker rooms, workout/training room, strength and conditioning room, team
meeting rooms and study halls.
"They will have locker rooms, they can shower, they can workout, they can do their studying. All in the same location. Just like every other sports program on campus. I think that's really big for the mental battle these student athletes face every day," said Ford Burttram, Alabama men's wheelchair basketball head coach.
The new arena will be located along the south facade of the UA Rec Center. Construction is scheduled to finish in late Fall 2017.
Alabama fields teams in men’s and women’s basketball as well as tennis, and will be the first school in the country to offer these athletes their own facility. Kudos to the administration for making the investment.
Other notes:

• Baylor’s women’s basketball coach said this about the parents of young women who are reluctant to send their daughters to Waco in the wake of the appalling cover-up of sexual assault within the athletic department: “If somebody [is] around [you] and they ever say, ‘I will never send my daughter to Baylor,’ you knock them right in the face.” Just brilliant, Kim.

• Sports Illustrated asked experts to weigh in on potential penalties for Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze. There have been rumblings that Freeze will be tendering his resignation, but that has not been confirmed by any credible source at this point.
That’s about it for today. Spring practice is just around the corner, folks. Have a great week.
Roll Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.