WH to no longer contest TX voter ID law

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I was under the impression the Republican was voted to POTUS by largely uneducated deplorable hicks that never went to college. This should actually help eliminate many of those dummies.
Not really. Even with you equalize for income, poor and impoverished rural voters who live in areas without public transportation are more likely to own/drive a car than poor and impoverished urban voters who can rely on public transit. And as DBF keeps pointing out, driving requires a license. So they're actually more likely to have an accepted form of ID.

DBF, you should probably take about 20 steps back and start by proving that the kind of hypothetical voter fraud you're invoking is actually a problem in need of a solution. Because we have documented multiple studies in this thread showing that the various state ID solutions introduce significant barriers for hundreds of thousands of U.S. voters. This seems like a cut and dry example of the "solution" being far more damaging than the "problem."

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Not really. Even with you equalize for income, poor and impoverished rural voters who live in areas without public transportation are more likely to own/drive a car than poor and impoverished urban voters who can rely on public transit. And as DBF keeps pointing out, driving requires a license. So they're actually more likely to have an accepted form of ID.

DBF, you should probably take about 20 steps back and start by proving that the kind of hypothetical voter fraud you're invoking is actually a problem in need of a solution. Because we have documented multiple studies in this thread showing that the various state ID solutions introduce significant barriers for hundreds of thousands of U.S. voters. This seems like a cut and dry example of the "solution" being far more damaging than the "problem."
Did I say it's a problem? I alluded to it being a possibility. But, if you are voting in said state, you should have a legal ID issued by that state. So no, there's no need to take 20 steps back. I'm simply stating the possibility exists, despite laws on the books that make it illegal.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Did I say it's a problem? I alluded to it being a possibility. But, if you are voting in said state, you should have a legal ID issued by that state. So no, there's no need to take 20 steps back. I'm simply stating the possibility exists, despite laws on the books that make it illegal.
So if the possibility exists that a law could be broken are you arguing we need to do everything to stop said law from being broken even if there is no proof that anyone is breaking the law? Or in this case there is proof that it isn't being broken to any significant extent?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
So if the possibility exists that a law could be broken are you arguing we need to do everything to stop said law from being broken even if there is no proof that anyone is breaking the law? Or in this case there is proof that it isn't being broken to any significant extent?
So, back to the original concern, should voter ID be required to vote and should it be a state issued ID to prove you reside in that state AND you are who you claim to be at the time of voting? I would say "yes." But hey, if we all just take the microchip in the hand or forehead it would be much easier to identify everyone with a quick scan wouldn't it?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
So, back to the original concern, should voter ID be required to vote and should it be a state issued ID to prove you reside in that state AND you are who you claim to be at the time of voting? I would say "yes." But hey, if we all just take the microchip in the hand or forehead it would be much easier to identify everyone with a quick scan wouldn't it?
I guess I'm trying to figure out why this is your stance not so much what your stance is.

Personally, I would only be ok with Voter ID laws if we first find an effective way to provide free IDs to every US voter. If the issue is purely voter fraud prevention then shouldn't we first limit the amount of legal voters this could impact. Since studies have shown that in person voter fraud isn't an urgent issue why don't we address the fact that not every American has an ID before using IDs to address a mostly non existent problem?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Thanks, this is what I was trying to get at earlier.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I guess I'm trying to figure out why this is your stance not so much what your stance is.

Personally, I would only be ok with Voter ID laws if we first find an effective way to provide free IDs to every US voter. If the issue is purely voter fraud prevention then shouldn't we first limit the amount of legal voters this could impact. Since studies have shown that in person voter fraud isn't an urgent issue why don't we address the fact that not every American has an ID before using IDs to address a mostly non existent problem?
I do not know if you can say it is a non-existent problem.
Alien Invasion II: The Sequel to the Discovery and Cover-up of Non-citizen Registration and Voting in Virginia
the Public Interest Legal Foundation started a survey of Virginia counties. they got data from eight counties before the Democrat state authorities stopped other counties from complying with the provisions of the Motor-Voter Law.
Despite obstruction from local and state officials, the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) expanded the non-citizen investigation to the entire Commonwealth. As a result, the number of registrants removed from voter rolls for citizenship problems during the last few election cycles grew to over 5,500. Of these illegal registrants, 1,852 cast nearly 7,500 ballots in elections dating back to1988.
The cognitive dissonance on this issue is interesting.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Virginia Dems Blocking the Truth About 100s of Non-Citizens Engaged in Voter Fraud

Hans A. von Spakovsky said:
When I was a member of the Fairfax County Electoral Board in Virginia, we discovered close to 300 non-citizens who had illegally registered in our county, about half of whom had also illegally voted in prior elections. We removed those individuals from the voter rolls and forwarded their files to both the Commonwealth Attorney (Virginia’s equivalent of the county district attorney) and the U.S. Justice Department for investigation and prosecution. Neither took any action to enforce the law against these non-citizens.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Mail in votes work, my son lives in New Orleans but votes here in Colorado with a mail in absentee card. It works fine.
None of our votes work. It's all just a facade to convince the masses that they actually control their government. (Blue font)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
This is all crap. You need a "photo ID" to buy ciggies and beer.

Ever see a "disenfranchised voter" unable to get either? Or illegal alien, for that matter. Just an excuse to perpetuate more voter fraud. By the party of frauds. And fascists.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
This is all crap. You need a "photo ID" to buy ciggies and beer.
Yet 15-year-old kids somehow manage to get these without a photo ID.

Just an excuse to perpetuate more voter fraud. By the party of frauds. And fascists.
9 pages, and still no proof that any significant degree of fraud occurs. If it were such a huge problem, I wouldn't expect the evidence so hard to find.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Fortunately for Russia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin do not have voter ID laws. They were able to flood these states with fraudulent voters and help get Trump elected.

What if the above scenario was true?
Isn't one benefit of voter ID laws is to prevent a foreign entity from influencing the elections? Why do the dems resist them so much?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Fortunately for Russia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin do not have voter ID laws. They were able to flood these states with fraudulent voters and help get Trump elected.

What if the above scenario was true?
Isn't one benefit of voter ID laws is to prevent a foreign entity from influencing the elections? Why do the dems resist them so much?
It would decrease the amount of dead people voting?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
9 pages, and still no proof that any significant degree of voter disenfranchisement. If it were such a huge problem, I wouldn't expect the evidence so hard to find.
FIFY.

"You guys" are the ones who constantly go on and on that "we are the only major industrialized country that does not.............blah, blah, blah.............", but you somehow forget the countries "you guys" seem to idolize require photo IDs to vote.

A buddy was the precinct chair, for the demonrats, in the richest and whitest part of Far North Dallas.

At least until 2008. When they bused in "voters" from who knows where. I won't relate the screaming rant he went on, especially since it used words the demonrats are not supposed to use. More so for someone who was active in the civil rights movement, back in the 60s.

"Oh.............so let me see if I have this right.........you don't like it when they bus in folks, and use it against you. Oh, my..........."

I thought he was going to have a heart attack.

(BTW, ask me what he thinks of "global warming". Hint: that is what his PhD is in. You don't want to know, so you may not want to bother.)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.