Senior Night - Ole Miss @ Bama (7:30, SECN)

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Nice win, liked our play after the late first half spark, then maintaining lead through ole miss trying to get close and the play through some tough officiating stretch, then pulling away at the end for solid win...dang I wish we had pulled out the last couple of games

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
17-12 overall, 10-7 SEC record. Pretty darn good considering. I think this cements Bama as the 5 seed in the SEC tournament..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That is important, as we were looking at a possible rematch with API.

And you know they would bomb away, from 3-point land, and embarrass us again.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
17-12 overall, 10-7 SEC record. Pretty darn good considering. I think this cements Bama as the 5 seed in the SEC tournament..
It does, no matter the outcome of Saturday. So we should get Miss St or lsu first game, Arkansas in the quarterfinals and Kentucky in the semis. I would of rather got Florida instead of Kentucky but whatever. Need to beat both of them to make the dance regardless probably

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yep. We've had a rollercoaster season like last year, but I think we all would have taken double digit wins entering the season. Remember, the media picked us to finish seventh in the conference. We're no worse than tied for fifth with a possibility of tying Arkansas for fourth at 11-7.

That is important, as we were looking at a possible rematch with API.

And you know they would bomb away, from 3-point land, and embarrass us again.
Looks like we are missing them. As the 5 seed, we play the winner of the 12-13 game. Auburn holds the tiebreaker over Mississippi State, so even if they tie at 6-12, Auburn stays the 11 seed.

It does, no matter the outcome of Saturday. So we should get Miss St or lsu first game, Arkansas in the quarterfinals and Kentucky in the semis. I would of rather got Florida instead of Kentucky but whatever. Need to beat both of them to make the dance regardless probably
Kentucky on Saturday would essentially a home game for them with the crowd plus the location. We should have beaten them in Tuscaloosa. The team that played last night would beat them. With this team, there's no telling what happens. I wouldn't be stunned if we did beat Kentucky after the way the first game went.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yep. We've had a rollercoaster season like last year, but I think we all would have taken double digit wins entering the season. Remember, the media picked us to finish seventh in the conference. We're no worse than tied for fifth with a possibility of tying Arkansas for fourth at 11-7.

Looks like we are missing them. As the 5 seed, we play the winner of the 12-13 game. Auburn holds the tiebreaker over Mississippi State, so even if they tie at 6-12, Auburn stays the 11 seed.

Kentucky on Saturday would essentially a home game for them with the crowd plus the location. We should have beaten them in Tuscaloosa. The team that played last night would beat them. With this team, there's no telling what happens. I wouldn't be stunned if we did beat Kentucky after the way the first game went.
I would be shocked if we weren't blown out, but I would love every minute of it.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Had to DVR the game and just watched it. Man Key and Ingram were both on FIRE. This team is so hard to figure out. You never know for sure where the points leaders will come from on any given night. Norris has kind of disappeared and Davis is in a bit of a slump after playing well for a few games. The FT shooting could have been a little better from a couple guys but I'm not going to complain about 67% at this point. It's been worse. Hopefully we can finish 18-12 (11-7) and as the 5 Seed have a shot at Kentucky again.

I know this will sound crazy and unrealistic but we generally play good defense against everyone......SO......it we could JUST have a hot night offensively...... upsets of Kentucky and Florida COULD be possible. But hopefully we have a good SEC Tourney showing even with a semis loss and then do well in the NIT and build towards next season.

Petty and especially Sexton are going to make us REAL contenders next year. We will be in the SEC Title hunt and make the NCAA Tourney. Probably make a Sweet 16 run. We are SO close to taking the next step. I believe in CAJ....we just need that 1-2 extra guy(s) that can flat score.....they are coming....Buckle Up!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Had to DVR the game and just watched it. Man Key and Ingram were both on FIRE. This team is so hard to figure out. You never know for sure where the points leaders will come from on any given night. Norris has kind of disappeared and Davis is in a bit of a slump after playing well for a few games. The FT shooting could have been a little better from a couple guys but I'm not going to complain about 67% at this point. It's been worse. Hopefully we can finish 18-12 (11-7) and as the 5 Seed have a shot at Kentucky again.

I know this will sound crazy and unrealistic but we generally play good defense against everyone......SO......it we could JUST have a hot night offensively...... upsets of Kentucky and Florida COULD be possible. But hopefully we have a good SEC Tourney showing even with a semis loss and then do well in the NIT and build towards next season.

Petty and especially Sexton are going to make us REAL contenders next year. We will be in the SEC Title hunt and make the NCAA Tourney. Probably make a Sweet 16 run. We are SO close to taking the next step. I believe in CAJ....we just need that 1-2 extra guy(s) that can flat score.....they are coming....Buckle Up!!!
When your two best players are freshmen you are going to be inconsistent at times. You are right that help is on the way and it is big time help.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Not to sound like a jerk, but IOW, what Avery said last week.

Next season has the potential to be very special.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Not to sound like a jerk, but IOW, what Avery said last week.

Next season has the potential to be very special.
Yeah no problem. I didn't think I was saying anything overly perceptive. Just trying to say I'm VERY optimistic about next year.....yet have not given up on this season ending well either. We might do something shocking in the SEC Tourney....or at worst may be able to do well In the NIT and get some confidence and momentum leading into next year. I'm really excited about the program under CAJ and am one of his biggest fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.