Raheem Falkins Transferring

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
My first thought was "I have never heard of him, so I probably won't miss him." I don't mean that ugly, it was just my first thought. I hope he does well where ever he signs next.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
no ill feelings on this one. should be able to break a starting rotation somewhere. best of luck to him.

I agree ... I was hoping he would be able to get into the rotation more this year as well. Much success to you in the future sir.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Those of us that follow recruiting knows who he is, out of NOLA and is a tall lanky WR which would work well in quite a few systems that the top programs run. I think he could be pretty good in a spread type offense.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Those of us that follow recruiting knows who he is, out of NOLA and is a tall lanky WR which would work well in quite a few systems that the top programs run. I think he could be pretty good in a spread type offense.
Wouldn't be shocked to see him in purple in gold when all is said and done.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com
Not specific to Mr. Falkins, but I actually look at successful transfers as a partial positive. When you are loaded at recruiting like Bama, people will always use that as a negative. If evidence shows that those that cannot get on the field, move on to other places and find success, it proves that choosing to come to Tuscaloosa isn't a feast or famine choice. If it doesn't work out, the school will help you find another place. (within some constraints)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not specific to Mr. Falkins, but I actually look at successful transfers as a partial positive. When you are loaded at recruiting like Bama, people will always use that as a negative. If evidence shows that those that cannot get on the field, move on to other places and find success, it proves that choosing to come to Tuscaloosa isn't a feast or famine choice. If it doesn't work out, the school will help you find another place. (within some constraints)
We haven't had that many successful transfers, though. It's weird, but most guys haven't done well at their next school.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The funny thing is, I didn't think Kamara would do much, and now he's an expected first round draft choice, from Knucklesville!!! You just never know.

We haven't had that many successful transfers, though. It's weird, but most guys haven't done well at their next school.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The funny thing is, I didn't think Kamara would do much, and now he's an expected first round draft choice, from Knucklesville!!! You just never know.
He would have done very well here (imagine him in the backfield with Drake under Kiffin). He just couldn't seem to keep his act together while in Tuscaloosa. A year in JUCO might have been just what he needed.

He's one of the few guys that did do well after transferring, but he also went to JUCO. Guys like Falkins that will transfer straight to a FBS or FCS school haven't tended to do all that well.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Perhaps he is headed to LA La since it is not on the list. Haven't figured out yet why Southern Mississippi is on the list. Don't play them until 2019.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
He would have done very well here (imagine him in the backfield with Drake under Kiffin). He just couldn't seem to keep his act together while in Tuscaloosa. A year in JUCO might have been just what he needed.

He's one of the few guys that did do well after transferring, but he also went to JUCO. Guys like Falkins that will transfer straight to a FBS or FCS school haven't tended to do all that well.
Outside of Kamara and Phillip Elly (when healthy), no one else stands out as having been successful after transferring.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Outside of Kamara and Phillip Elly (when healthy), no one else stands out as having been successful after transferring.
Many have struggled. These are the ones I consider most successful.

Darlington Snetimore also had some success at UT.

Corey Smith was a starting punter at West Virginia.

Keiwone Malone caught 125 passes for 1500 yards and 9 TDs at Memphis.

Dee Hart had a good season with McElwain at Colorado State

Corey Grant did okay at Auburn and is in the NFL.

LaMichael Fanning was an All-OVC conference player.

Maurice Smith.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.