To do or not to do...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've been trying to convince the wife that we need a game camera. Then, something started eating the siding on the house and we borrowed one. Today, I suggested again going ahead and buying the same one off Amazon. She said "Do what you want." I started to order, then I remembered this meme from Facebook...

if-a-woman-says-do-what-you-want-do-not-4782430.png

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I've been trying to convince the wife that we need a game camera. Then, something started eating the siding on the house and we borrowed one. Today, I suggested again going ahead and buying the same one off Amazon. She said "Do what you want." I started to order, then I remembered this meme from Facebook...

View attachment 2574

Ouch. That's tough.
When Mrs. Tidewater says, "Do what you want," what she really means is "do what you want." I guess I'm just lucky.
If something was eating my house, though, I think I'd get what I needed to protect my investment and risk the wrath of "She who must be obeyed."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
She will bring it back up at an opportune time, much to your dismay.

Why not get BamaReb to lie hidden in your yard for a few nights with his trusty rifle? In short order, there won't be a living thing on Monte Sano, especially cats!:eek2:

Last edited:

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
Don't do it......that's what I say. Why risk it.....not gonna be worth the trouble later on. JMO

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Ouch. That's tough.
When Mrs. Tidewater says, "Do what you want," what she really means is "do what you want." I guess I'm just lucky.
If something was eating my house, though, I think I'd get what I needed to protect my investment and risk the wrath of "She who must be obeyed."
Ditto with Mrs. Audio - she couldn't care less about what I buy.

Oh yeah! Ok! If you say so! :tongue:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Mrs. Bamachile and I are still relatively newlywed (5 months), so that phrase hasn't been uttered around the house yet - except in it's best context. :pDT_ura:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I just moved it from "saved" to the shopping cart and pulled the trigger. I think the siding being eaten got her worn down enough. She's not vicious. She just thinks we have too many things. (Never mind that way, way over half of the "things" around here belong to her! She considers half my tools as surplus, if I haven't used them in the last six months. Anyway, the die is cast... :D

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Never mind that way, way over half of the "things" around here belong to her! She considers half my tools as surplus, if I haven't used them in the last six months
LOL! i feel your pain. My stuff regularly gets purged to Goodwill to make room. Meanwhile her closets are full of things that haven't been worn in years.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I bought my first one ever earlier this year, as I wanted to positively ID an intruder inside my garage.

I ended up with this model and am very happy with it.

Here's one of the pics it took. Subsequently I trapped and relocated the little guy to a nice country estate.........way away from the nefarious human race. :)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I just moved it from "saved" to the shopping cart and pulled the trigger. I think the siding being eaten got her worn down enough. She's not vicious. She just thinks we have too many things. (Never mind that way, way over half of the "things" around here belong to her! She considers half my tools as surplus, if I haven't used them in the last six months. Anyway, the die is cast... :D
Whats the siding made of?:conf3:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here's the one I ended up with. I had tried it out already. It was designed and sold mainly in Germany, although it's made in China. It had 4K+ reviews in Germany (they got wildlife there?), with a rating of 4.5 out of 5. Of course, they're in German...

LINK

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Masonite, so, yummy. It's to be replaced in the spring with Hardieplank. Let them try their teeth on that!
Is it a squirrel? I know at my river place they are chewing my deck to pieces. I have developed a hatred for all rodents, including squirrels, beavers, and of course rats. Beavers are killing my trees at the river along the bank. Got to get two cut down with TVA permission because they are starting to rotten at the base from being chewed on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.