**** 2019 4* QB Paul Tyson Commits to Alabama **** - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Coach Bryant's Great Grandson is a Potential Recruit at QB

How could you not! I't sure wouldn't set well with me and a lot of others.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ontopp View Post
    Well, for starters, it's not known yet if he's good enough to warrant offering a scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by ontopp View Post
    I suspect that with Coach Saban those concerns will rank right below the media's desire for a depth chart. I'm afraid if Paul Bryant Tyson wants an Alabama grant-in-aid he'll have to earn it. I'm not convinced that our coach would give his own great grandson a scholarship if it wasn't earned. On the other side of the coin, I believe young PB Tyson will have every opportunity to earn a free ride and that if he doesn't get it, a Bryant scholarship will be made available for him should he want to walk on.

Further, I suspect his great grandfather would have handled it the same way. The Bryant I saw come in at Bama in 1958 was big on providing opportunities, but wasn't much on giving anything that wasn't earned.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I'm not sure I'd want to walk into a situation where I'm the great grandson of the equivalent of Jesus. The potential distraction and pressure on this young man would be enormous. If Coach Saban decides to offer and he decides to accept. Then great. But he'd be walking into a pressure cooker of expectations much greater than the average recruit.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want to walk into a situation where I'm the great grandson of the equivalent of Jesus. The potential distraction and pressure on this young man would be enormous. If Coach Saban decides to offer and he decides to accept. Then great. But he'd be walking into a pressure cooker of expectations much greater than the average recruit.
    Personally I agree with all you say. Before there's any problem though he'll have to earn the offer then, and only then, does he have the problem. If the kid earns the offer, I suspect it's going to be a damn tough decision. Guess the outcome in that case will be how much he likes a challenge, won't it?

Actually I'm not sure that the pressure would be that much less if he was offered and accepted a Bryant scholarship. Admittedly though two years though is a pretty good cooling off period and a lot of fans would probably forget about him in that time span.
    Last edited by bama61; March 29th, 2017 at 05:16 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Some people thrive on pressure though. Just look at A.J. McCarron, he knew what would come with committing to be the QB at Bama and he accepted all that pressure and became one of the best we ever had. I'm sure this kid has heard the hype his whole life, but at this point it's too early to tell if he doesn't mind it or if he welcomes it
    Last edited by 230kv_barehand; April 1st, 2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: can't spell today

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I wouldn't want to give him a football scholarship just because he is Coach Bryant's great-grandson. If the trustees of the Bryant fund want to give him one, that's fine with me. But a football scholarship is a precious commodity and I don't think it should be handed out because you have Bryant's DNA in your system.

If he wants to come here and can help the team, that's great. But we have no idea what our QB situation will be then so speculating about a 2019 signee is just fantasy at this point.

I don't think the pressure will be all that bad if he does come here. Yes, he will attract a lot of media attention, but the fact he'd be sitting on the bench for a couple years will help the hoopla die down. Hurts will be a senior his freshman year and Tua a junior or redshirt sophomore. His name not being Bryant will probably help some as well. Also, we are talking about a man he never met who died long before he was even born. Of course, I'm not him but he has known who his famous relative is all life so he is probably used to it.

BamaNation All-American tidegrandpa's Avatar

Coach Saban offers Coach Bryant's grandson scholarship.. pretty neat

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Coach Saban offers Coach Bryant's grandson scholarship.. pretty neat

Well if he is a quarter as tough as his great-grandfather was on the football field according to all accounts, he'll probably be the toughest son of a gun on the team.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

He's a good little QB for our Huskies. Extremely accurate. A calm presence in the pocket. Smart and does not turn the ball over Strictly a pocket passer in our offense though, which is essentially Malzahn's, as Josh Floyd is a Malzahn protege.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American

Man this kid has to be the luckiest kid in the state, related to Bear and playing for saban. That my friends is what we ole southern boys call football royalty . Hope nothing but the best for him. I can hear the CBS goobers now, all game the Bear Saban thing, I can live with that story line for once. I just hope this kid can handle the double pressure of Being related to Bear and playing for Saban, kid will have to be like his great grand pappy, tough to deal with all that. I have no doubt he knows it and will do good. The Bear, he just keeps on giving to Alabama even decades after he is gone, that is so cool. Cannot wait to see him come out in that crimson uniform like his great grandfather did. And unlike so many schools today the uniform is essentially the same LOL

Re: 2019 QB Paul Tyson Updates

Paul got an offer from UA yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation First Team

Re: 2019 QB Paul Tyson Updates

I’m happy he got the offer. Sounds like Saban handled it in his usual classy way!