**** 2019 4* QB Paul Tyson Commits to Alabama ****

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Scott Griffin Tweets a QB Should Commit Today

Sure does feel like we're going to sign the two best QBs in the state this year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Scott Griffin Tweets a QB Should Commit Today

Most likely, but Bo Nix is a close third if he's not one of the top two.
By the rankings alone Nix is the highest rated but he was a Barner at birth just like Tyson was a Bama man. Let's get Taulia in the house and get both our star QB's recruiting. Welcome and RTR Paul.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
The Fourth is with us

It was hard to see Paul Tyson, the great-grandson of Paul "Bear" Bryant ending up anywhere other than Alabama.
The four-star quarterback out of Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville announced his commitment to the Crimson Tide Thursday afternoon.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Re: The Fourth is with us

Roll Tide.
Would love for him to be a good one for us. Would just be too perfect.

I sure hope he gets a chance to play under Saban and do something special. What an unbelievable addition to the Legacy that would be.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I got to chat with Paul Bryant, Jr. last night. I told him I was so afraid of his dad it was hard for me to greet him. :D I used to be ashamed of that, until Billy Neighbors told me that he played for him four years and only had one conversation. He was terrified of him also... :)

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

Aaron Suttles nailed it:

Aaron Suttles Retweeted Paul Tyson
There’s being a legacy and then there’s being this kind of legacy.

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Party on the strip tonight to celebrate. Oh heck, it's Thursday night. There's a party on the strip regardless. ;)

My daughter and all her recruiting partners at UA are thrilled; mom too! Roll Tide!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Got to admit, this makes me feel O...L...D ! Anyway, RTR Paul ! Welcome to the tradition and the legacy. Your great grand dad is smiling along with the rest of us, but you earned it, kid !

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

I got to chat with Paul Bryant, Jr. last night. I told him I was so afraid of his dad it was hard for me to greet him. :D I used to be ashamed of that, until Billy Neighbors told me that he played for him four years and only had one conversation. He was terrified of him also... :)
I believe Musso once admitted to the same thing, and said that he didn't even want the man to notice him. Judging from some of the stories former players used to tell, it was pretty common and like Billy Neighbors many had as little to do with Coach Bryant on a personal level as they possibly could until well after their playing days were past.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I believe Musso once admitted to the same thing, and said that he didn't even want the man to notice him. Judging from some of the stories former players used to tell, it was pretty common and like Billy Neighbors many had as little to do with Coach Bryant on a personal level as they possibly could until well after their playing days were past.
Billy said that the one conversation was CPB calling him in at the beginning of his sophomore year and telling him what weight he wanted him at that season. Billy said he made that weight and did as little as possible to get noticed, just did his job on both sides of the line and avoided Bryant. BTW, PBJ is really showing his age. He's younger than us...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Is he playing in a pro-set offense in HS, or a typical HS offense?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.