**** 2019 4* QB Paul Tyson Commits to Alabama ****

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: The Fourth is with us

Is he playing in a pro-set offense in HS, or a typical HS offense?
He is playing in a spread, typical style HS offense. Hewitt-Trussville is a very good team in 7A and the coach they brought in a few years ago was a big time HS coach in Arkansas IIRC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He is playing in a spread, typical style HS offense. Hewitt-Trussville is a very good team in 7A and the coach they brought in a few years ago was a big time HS coach in Arkansas IIRC.
They hired Josh Floyd away from Shiloh Christian, where he played QB for Gus Malzahn.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I believe Musso once admitted to the same thing, and said that he didn't even want the man to notice him. Judging from some of the stories former players used to tell, it was pretty common and like Billy Neighbors many had as little to do with Coach Bryant on a personal level as they possibly could until well after their playing days were past.
I think that`s a common theme with his former players, particularly in Coach Bryant`s earlier years ( 60`s especially at Alabama ). Steve Bowman alluded to that in a conversation I once had with him. I don`t know that they talk to much about it, especially considering Coach Bryant`s revered status, but I get the impression that the player`s feelings about him might have been a pretty complex thing. He wasn`t exactly a " warm and fuzzy " kind of man!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Been watching a lot of his Highlight vids since the commitment and he definitely looks like a great pickup at QB. Not the strongest arm but certainly well above average.

What is most impressive is his release considering his size. He gets the ball out pretty fast with a tight compact delivery and seems to be extremely accurate. He doesn't turn the ball over either which will go a long way with CNS.

Really glad he is rolling with the Tide. It just wouldn't be right for him to play anywhere else!!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Billy said that the one conversation was CPB calling him in at the beginning of his sophomore year and telling him what weight he wanted him at that season. Billy said he made that weight and did as little as possible to get noticed, just did his job on both sides of the line and avoided Bryant. BTW, PBJ is really showing his age. He's younger than us...
My wife's uncle, who is a UA graduate and disc jockey in Birmingham, told me once that he was sent to interview Coach Bryant while in school................and he told me he trembled at the thought and was afraid of being in the same room.........I would have given anything to have sat down with him and talked football and life in general...............

ShoalCreek

Suspended
Feb 28, 2018
Re: Coach Bryant's Great Grandson is a Potential Recruit at QB

I suspect that a Bryant Scholarship will be made available if he doesn't recieve an athletic grant-in-aid. Exceptions have been made before and Bryant Scholarships given to other than the children of Coach Bryant's players and this would certainly be a case for such an exception.
Paul will receive a full athletic scholarship, not a Bryant Scholarship.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Re: Coach Bryant's Great Grandson is a Potential Recruit at QB

Paul will receive a full athletic scholarship, not a Bryant Scholarship.
You are correct of course, however I did not say that he would not receive an athletic scholarship, I said that I suspected he would be accorded a Bryant Scholarship if he did not get a grant-in-aid. Also, that comment was made over a year ago and before the 2017 season. At that time he had not received an offer.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Been watching a lot of his Highlight vids since the commitment and he definitely looks like a great pickup at QB. Not the strongest arm but certainly well above average.

What is most impressive is his release considering his size. He gets the ball out pretty fast with a tight compact delivery and seems to be extremely accurate. He doesn't turn the ball over either which will go a long way with CNS.

Really glad he is rolling with the Tide. It just wouldn't be right for him to play anywhere else!!
The Tider Insider Gang liken him to Phillip Rivers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.