**** 2019 4* QB Paul Tyson Commits to Alabama **** - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Re: **** 2019 4* QB Paul Tyson Commits to Alabama ****

https://twitter.com/brad2524/status/...624628224?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Re: **** 2019 4* QB Paul Tyson Commits to Alabama ****

Welcome and Roll Tide! He should have excellent genes!

Re: The Fourth is with us

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I got to chat with Paul Bryant, Jr. last night. I told him I was so afraid of his dad it was hard for me to greet him. I used to be ashamed of that, until Billy Neighbors told me that he played for him four years and only had one conversation. He was terrified of him also...
    I believe Musso once admitted to the same thing, and said that he didn't even want the man to notice him. Judging from some of the stories former players used to tell, it was pretty common and like Billy Neighbors many had as little to do with Coach Bryant on a personal level as they possibly could until well after their playing days were past.

Welcome, Mr Paul Tyson! Roll Tide!
    I remember '66

Quote Originally Posted by bama61 View Post
    I believe Musso once admitted to the same thing, and said that he didn't even want the man to notice him. Judging from some of the stories former players used to tell, it was pretty common and like Billy Neighbors many had as little to do with Coach Bryant on a personal level as they possibly could until well after their playing days were past.
    Billy said that the one conversation was CPB calling him in at the beginning of his sophomore year and telling him what weight he wanted him at that season. Billy said he made that weight and did as little as possible to get noticed, just did his job on both sides of the line and avoided Bryant. BTW, PBJ is really showing his age. He's younger than us...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

If we were to somehow win a championship with him at QB then that would be the ultimate Processing of college football.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    If we were to somehow win a championship with him at QB then that would be the ultimate Processing of college football.
    Man, can you imagine? Gumping would reach new heights.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Is he playing in a pro-set offense in HS, or a typical HS offense?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Is he playing in a pro-set offense in HS, or a typical HS offense?
    He is playing in a spread, typical style HS offense. Hewitt-Trussville is a very good team in 7A and the coach they brought in a few years ago was a big time HS coach in Arkansas IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    He is playing in a spread, typical style HS offense. Hewitt-Trussville is a very good team in 7A and the coach they brought in a few years ago was a big time HS coach in Arkansas IIRC.
    They hired Josh Floyd away from Shiloh Christian, where he played QB for Gus Malzahn.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bama61 View Post
    I think that`s a common theme with his former players, particularly in Coach Bryant`s earlier years ( 60`s especially at Alabama ). Steve Bowman alluded to that in a conversation I once had with him. I don`t know that they talk to much about it, especially considering Coach Bryant`s revered status, but I get the impression that the player`s feelings about him might have been a pretty complex thing. He wasn`t exactly a " warm and fuzzy " kind of man!

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Been watching a lot of his Highlight vids since the commitment and he definitely looks like a great pickup at QB. Not the strongest arm but certainly well above average.

What is most impressive is his release considering his size. He gets the ball out pretty fast with a tight compact delivery and seems to be extremely accurate. He doesn't turn the ball over either which will go a long way with CNS.

Really glad he is rolling with the Tide. It just wouldn't be right for him to play anywhere else!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

He looks like a young Paul Bryant with that curly hair.