Bama @ tennessee TODAY @ 12PM

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people shouldn't be allowed to be on the internet. I just spent an hour arguing with someone (he only had 30 followers) about Alabama bball. He was blaming CAJ for the roster that CAG had left him. Some people really just have zero clue.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Some people shouldn't be allowed to be on the internet. I just spent an hour arguing with someone (he only had 30 followers) about Alabama bball. He was blaming CAJ for the roster that CAG had left him. Some people really just have zero clue.

Truth

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
#5 in the SEC tournament. I'll take it. Slow process but you have to be blind if you haven't seen overall improvement.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i like the direction we are going. coach got EVERYTHING he could get out of this team. I mean those of you who actually know about basketball noticed through the season the amount of unforced turnovers. Even at the PG position. Its hard to win with turnovers as is.. Also, bad passing IMO counts sometimes as a turnover. Several times i've seen us on fast breaks give it to the wrong man thus giving us an awful look where we had numbers. cant just expect to dump it to a player who doesnt have an offensive move down low and expect good things to happen. But we have what we have right now...

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Hard to blame the officials when you only score 53 points. A couple of questionable calls-yes. But scoring more than 17 points in a half takes the refs more out of the game deciding situations.
This is such a dumb statement.

First, no one has said we are tournament team for a few weeks, so by your logic, we can blow a big lead.

Second and most importantly, Alabama didn't blow a lead today. The officials assisted UT as much as possible.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Not really. We committed the same stupid low basketball IQ fouls that we have done all year. Make more shots and stop turning the ball over- that were the issues in the 2nd half.
You know how these officiating is bad for the game? I am completely uninterested in what we did wrong, as the officiating paralyzed us and destroyed any rhythm that had going.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hard to blame the officials when you only score 53 points. A couple of questionable calls-yes. But scoring more than 17 points in a half takes the refs more out of the game deciding situations.
Have you read the posts in this thread? There's a pretty big correlation in how these things happen.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Not really. We committed the same stupid low basketball IQ fouls that we have done all year. Make more shots and stop turning the ball over- that were the issues in the 2nd half.
We went cold on O because we're not a very good offensive team. We went cold on D in part because if we winked at the UT player we got called.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
There refs in college bball are ruining the sport yes. But blaming the refs has happened on here for like 7 years now🙄. CAJ will turn it around but i'm as tired of hearing about the refs as I am about CAGs roster. Haha

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
There refs in college bball are ruining the sport yes. But blaming the refs has happened on here for like 7 years now[emoji849]. CAJ will turn it around but i'm as tired of hearing about the refs as I am about CAGs roster. Haha
Reality is a cruel mistress sometimes, isn't she?

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
There refs in college bball are ruining the sport yes. But blaming the refs has happened on here for like 7 years now[emoji849]. CAJ will turn it around but i'm as tired of hearing about the refs as I am about CAGs roster. Haha
I hear that there is good talk on the football board about why we should be going under center more. Maybe you could join those convo's.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
We're not close to being a tournament team yet, but we are way better than we should be because of Coach A.

That is my point, we ARE NOT an NCAA tournament team. Improvement has been made this year and I am looking forward to watching Bama play and MAKE the dance next year.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
I hear that there is good talk on the football board about why we should be going under center more. Maybe you could join those convo's.
Feel free too. I am just saying every loss is not the refs. But overall if college bball does not fix the ref problem then the sport will trend down. It look like we rushed and got to nervous at the end and caved under pressure. This experience should help Key and Ingram and Avery JR and then add in the freshmen and hopefully and more consistent roll player in Riley and that alone could add 5 wins.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Feel free too. I am just saying every loss is not the refs. But overall if college bball does not fix the ref problem then the sport will trend down. It look like we rushed and got to nervous at the end and caved under pressure. This experience should help Key and Ingram and Avery JR and then add in the freshmen and hopefully and more consistent roll player in Riley and that alone could add 5 wins.
You're right every loss isn't on the refs, but this was awful. Yes, we rushed shots, but a lot of it was getting hammered in the paint. Donta got his arm nearly ripped off on a lob and no call. The fact that CAJ was on the refs all game says a lot.

Officiating has nearly made college bball unwatchable. Like, I have watched way more NBA this year than College. Unfortunately, I'm a Hawks fan and we are stuck in mediocrity.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How officials can affect a game -

Bola averaged 7.7 rebounds per game since February 1 entering the game Saturday. He had 3 fouls at the 8:55 mark of the first half, so he sat the last 9 minutes of the half. He only played 5 minutes in the second half.

While he was on the court for 14 minutes, UT got 14 rebounds to Alabama's 11. When he was off the court? UT got 26 rebounds compared to Alabama's 21. The biggest difference? UT got 12 of their 15 offensive rebounds while he was on the bench. Alabama had 5 for the entire game. They got 9 second chance points while he was on the bench. They had 12 for the entire game.

That's after he averaged 20 minutes per game in those previous 9.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just to illuminate my point the other day. Look I get why everyone is upset. The officiating was NOT 'fair'. UT definitely got away with quite a few no calls that should have been fouls....Obvious fouls. I get that. But anything I saw us called on WAS a foul. Some were ticky-tack but most were just lazy sloppy obvious fouls. So yeah.....I agree....those things were not fair and frustrating.

But it's not 100% WHY we lost the game like so many on here seem to be implying. We had more than our fair share of open looks in the second half and the shots just didn't fall. Not plays where a UT guy fouled us(not called) that affected the shot but straight up jumpers and layups that didn't go in. We went ICE COLD shooting.

Norris was especially ON FIRE in the 1st half with 13 points and scored 0 in the 2nd half. Dazon and others also made some sloppy turnovers in the 2nd half too that didn't help. We basically just had an extremely poor half offensively. Even IF the refs called more fouls and got us to the line I'm not sure we would have sank enough FT's to definitely win.

We lost primarily because UT got on Fire shooting. I think they only had 1 3-pointer in the 1st half and SIX in the 2nd half. I mean you CAN defend guys without fouling. That Evens kid had time to make and eat a sandwich before he launched 3's. He even double clutched one and no one defending so he just sank it.

So yeah the refs didn't help our cause.....yeah they impeded it in a way.....but we did more than our fair share of self inflicted harm too. I think our final 2nd half points total was 18....EIGHTEEN. Somebody.....anybody....Make some SHOTS. If that happens we aren't even really debating all this....we win in spite of the officiating.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Just to illuminate my point the other day. Look I get why everyone is upset. The officiating was NOT 'fair'. UT definitely got away with quite a few no calls that should have been fouls....Obvious fouls. I get that. But anything I saw us called on WAS a foul. Some were ticky-tack but most were just lazy sloppy obvious fouls. So yeah.....I agree....those things were not fair and frustrating.

But it's not 100% WHY we lost the game like so many on here seem to be implying. We had more than our fair share of open looks in the second half and the shots just didn't fall. Not plays where a UT guy fouled us(not called) that affected the shot but straight up jumpers and layups that didn't go in. We went ICE COLD shooting.

Norris was especially ON FIRE in the 1st half with 13 points and scored 0 in the 2nd half. Dazon and others also made some sloppy turnovers in the 2nd half too that didn't help. We basically just had an extremely poor half offensively. Even IF the refs called more fouls and got us to the line I'm not sure we would have sank enough FT's to definitely win.

We lost primarily because UT got on Fire shooting. I think they only had 1 3-pointer in the 1st half and SIX in the 2nd half. I mean you CAN defend guys without fouling. That Evens kid had time to make and eat a sandwich before he launched 3's. He even double clutched one and no one defending so he just sank it.

So yeah the refs didn't help our cause.....yeah they impeded it in a way.....but we did more than our fair share of self inflicted harm too. I think our final 2nd half points total was 18....EIGHTEEN. Somebody.....anybody....Make some SHOTS. If that happens we aren't even really debating all this....we win in spite of the officiating.
I have been at all the home games and even the Texas game this year. We lost the Georgia game because in OUR building they shot more free throws than we did and every time we got within 5 feet if JJ Frazier we got called for a foul. Frazier on the other hand got away with pushing Ingram all night and never once got called for it. We had chances to win, but when the other team is at the stripe taking free throws, you can't defend that with the best defense in the world. The A&M game was much the same. We shot 9 total free throws in the entire game. We were well ahead of UT when the parade to the foul line started, which is when and how they caught up or UT never gets back to within striking distance. Look at the 1st game with Auburn,, the Wiley kid shot 18 free throws in the 2nd half. Do I think we'd be undefeated in the SEC, no. Do I think we'd have won another 3 games if we got fair officiating yes. If so, we'd be on the NCAA bubble, not the NIT bubble.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.