Bama @ tennessee TODAY @ 12PM

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I watched the whole game and sadly every foul he was called for was a legit call. Have to be smarter than that.
How officials can affect a game.

Bola averaged 7.7 rebounds per game since February 1 entering the game Saturday. He had 3 fouls at the 8:55 mark of the first half, so he sat the last 9 minutes of the half. He only played 5 minutes in the second half.

While he was on the court for 14 minutes, UT got 14 rebounds to Alabama's 11. When he was off the court? UT got 26 rebounds compared to Alabama's 21. The biggest difference? UT got 12 of their 15 offensive rebounds while he was on the bench. Alabama had 5 for the entire game. They got 9 second chance points while he was on the bench. They had 12 for the entire game.

That's after he averaged 20 minutes per game in those previous 9.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Aggressive teams that take the ball to the basket instead of standing around on offense and taking ill advised 3's are going to shoot more free throws. Too much crimson colored glasses on this subject.
I have been at all the home games and even the Texas game this year. We lost the Georgia game because in OUR building they shot more free throws than we did and every time we got within 5 feet if JJ Frazier we got called for a foul. Frazier on the other hand got away with pushing Ingram all night and never once got called for it. We had chances to win, but when the other team is at the stripe taking free throws, you can't defend that with the best defense in the world. The A&M game was much the same. We shot 9 total free throws in the entire game. We were well ahead of UT when the parade to the foul line started, which is when and how they caught up or UT never gets back to within striking distance. Look at the 1st game with Auburn,, the Wiley kid shot 18 free throws in the 2nd half. Do I think we'd be undefeated in the SEC, no. Do I think we'd have won another 3 games if we got fair officiating yes. If so, we'd be on the NCAA bubble, not the NIT bubble.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I watched the whole game and sadly every foul he was called for was a legit call. Have to be smarter than that.
Like others, you're missing the point.

We're not arguing if the Bama players fouled or not. We're saying the officials didn't call the game even. UT fouled plenty but didn't get called as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Aggressive teams that take the ball to the basket instead of standing around on offense and taking ill advised 3's are going to shoot more free throws. Too much crimson colored glasses on this subject.
Look, the game ended with an offensive foul on us driving to the basket. I was watching on my phone since I was at the softball game so I could not see it well, but I was told the UT player was inside the arc where it is supposed to be a block every time. That one instance cost us the game by itself. We were down 1 and we'd have been shooting free throws(with our best shooter the foul line) and would have likely gone up 1 with about a minute to go. Instead they hit a 3 on the other end and we are down 4 with a minute to go. I looked late in the game. UT had 4 fouls and in the 1st half and I think 7 in the second. We got called for more in the 1st half than they did the whole game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.