ChrisD: Tennessee 59, Alabama 54: Tide rides on autopilot straight into the ditch

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Tennessee 59, Alabama 54: Tide rides on autopilot straight into the ditch
by Chris DePew
TideFans Staff
March 4th, 2017 03:40 PM

By Chris DePew TideFans.com staff March 4, 2017 A hot-shooting first half could only paper over foul trouble and careless ball handling for so long, as Alabama wilted in the second half to give away a 16-point lead in a 59-54 loss at Tennessee. What did we learn today?: The Crimson Tide was a victim […]

Read More Here...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Glad someone else also feels this way.
Ingram worries me at times. There have been times when I thought he is the best passer to come into Bama in a long time but then there are times when he commits goofy turnovers. He occasionally gets into a mental funk and also has little confidence in free throw shooting early in games. I wish he would look to score more and not pass up open shot opportunities. He has hit almost half of his 3-point attempts and also shoots better from the field than anyone except for the bigs in the paint. I think he has the talent.

I think (hope) that his game will improve as the talent level of his team mates improves and as he becomes a more senior member of the team. He should be scoring more points; especially with this particular team. It will be interesting to see how scoring gets distributed next season and how much Ingram and Sexton split shooting guard and point.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Ingram worries me at times. There have been times when I thought he is the best passer to come into Bama in a long time but then there are times when he commits goofy turnovers. He occasionally gets into a mental funk and also has little confidence in free throw shooting early in games. I wish he would look to score more and not pass up open shot opportunities. He has hit almost half of his 3-point attempts and also shoots better from the field than anyone except for the bigs in the paint. I think he has the talent.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. He puzzles/worries me too because I can tell his talent level is much higher than the displayed court results. I think his problems are solely mental. Nothing with intelligence mind you but he has focus problems. His just gets 'lost' sometimes and unaware. He is incredibly sloppy with ball protection/handling that leads to turnovers from steals where he dribbles very loose in high traffic or he makes a very poor pass that's facepalm level bad.

That turnover on the fastbreak late in this game in particular was a big 5 point swing and pretty much the nail in the coffin. Even with the the trouble everybody had with the refs....and even though our offense went stone cold and couldn't break 20 pts in the 2nd half.....if we score 2 points on that fast break and then defend the next series we probably win. Dazon has GOT to clean things up and pay more attention to his surroundings and the moment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.