Yahoo: Tim Williams admits failing multiple drug tests at UA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know the popular Mantra is that weed is not addictive. However, when you know you are at risk of being tested anytime, and have a huge amount to lose potentially - and you still smoke it,...

Is that not, by definition, a form of addiction?
It may sound like splitting hairs, but the pros who work with these problems differentiate "habituation" and "addiction." Opioids are truly physically addictive. Supposedly weed habituates but doesn't make the same changes in the brain opiods do...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
It may sound like splitting hairs, but the pros who work with these problems differentiate "habituation" and "addiction." Opioids are truly physically addictive. Supposedly weed habituates but doesn't make the same changes in the brain opiods do...
Important distinction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Yahoo: TIm Williams admits failing multiple drug tests at UA

Why does Saban have to publicly suspend a guy? As long as the team knows it, I see no problem.

It could help send a message to some of these kids in middle school and high school that there are consequences to bad decisions instead of the same old message that if you are good at a sport you can get away with whatever you like. Of course, that's just me, I suppose.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Point is this: if you boot all the weed users from every FBS team in the country, most likely virtually every team in the country can't field a team.
Or...they would actually follow the rules because they are enforced. If the rules aren't enforced, why bother having them? We seem to keep making excuses for people while our schools keep acting like they have rules about behavior, attendance, and grades. However, instead of enforcing rules and teaching lessons, we make excuses and bow down to possible lawsuits which should be thrown out as frivolous anyway.
Most people who actually learn from mistakes talk about the hard times their mistakes caused them and how they learned from it. People who keep getting passes no matter what they do only learn that they can get away with anything. It's really a pretty simple concept.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Eradicate Weed Now
Why would anyone need weed to get HIGH? Get HIGH off LIFE and HELPING OTHERS! Just
watch an advertisement for Shriners' Hospital or St. Jude's Hospital and see the kind of life
those real FIGHTERS have. That's enough to make you want to HELP others instead of making
DRUG Dealers $RICH$ off weak minded people who can't face life without cigarettes, weed, alcohol, etc.
Instead of wasting your $$$$$$$ on cigarettes, weed, alcohol, etc. help others and you will feel much better
about yourselves.

Mild-mannered Clark Kent may have been on weed; Superman wasn't! So, I think someone
was saying that T. Williams didn't do squat in the championship game. So, I guess he was a
mild-mannered Clark Kent type of guy playing against Clemson.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Point is this: if you boot all the weed users from every FBS team in the country, most likely virtually every team in the country can't field a team.

Did Paul W. Bryant need weed in the 1930's even when playing with a broken leg? I don't think so. So, who benefits from you smoking weed? $$$Drug Dealers$$$!
Well, maybe he did have a few Chesterfields and a few bottles of Whiskey.

JMHO, which may be wrong as usual, but I just think this is a consequence of a me, me, me decadent society.

One question: What % of the coaches use weed?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Yahoo: TIm Williams admits failing multiple drug tests at UA

It could help send a message to some of these kids in middle school and high school that there are consequences to bad decisions instead of the same old message that if you are good at a sport you can get away with whatever you like. Of course, that's just me, I suppose.
Saban is coaching a team - his team. Those players in middle and high school can learn that from their coaches.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Did Paul W. Bryant need weed in the 1930's even when playing with a broken leg? I don't think so. So, who benefits from you smoking weed? $$$Drug Dealers$$$!

JMHO, which may be wrong as usual, but I just think this is a consequence of a me, me, me decadent society.

One question: What % of the coaches use weed?

You won't be happy with the results of the answer to that question. What percentage of police officers, politicians, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and other prestigious position use? I'll be willing to wager a significant percentage have used from time to time. Habitual usage would obviously be a different situation entirely, as is with drinking. However, you can't imply smoking weed has any worse effect than drinking. Would you ban the players from drinking too? "Oh it's illegal so different circumstances" ya well drinking under 21 is illegal but doesn't carry the same amount of shame for some reason, there's also laws for public intox, would you kick those players? My point is, if a player wants to smoke a joint instead of pounding liquor or beer, that is clearly a display of higher ethical standards. To boot, if the Feds would quit dragging their feet, and legalize marijuana, drug test issues will all but vanish. I don't buy the whole "the only reason it's wrong is because it's illegal" crap, because we all know it's illegal for reasons much larger than the plant itself. Politicized effectively, it's continued illegality is useful to help prop up the prison industrial complex, helps big pharmaceutical company's keep the masses hooked on opiate based pain pills, and the "war on drugs" and all the resources spent would have effectively been a gigantic embarrassing waste. This is all off topic for football, so I'm done here. I just wish so many of these close minded or self interest serving people would listen to science and reason and admit Marijuana is not as big of an issue as it's made out to be. Alcohol is a thousand times worse. Is it because one's legal and one's not? Not in the scope of my argument today.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Simply put, yes, following the laws and rules of the society you live in should be considered important whether or not you agree with the laws or believe in a conspiratorial anti-marijuana platform. We don't get to pick and choose which laws to follow. There are several I would like to change, reverse, or abolish, but I am a citizen in Alabama and the United States; therefore, I agree to follow the laws or accept the punishment. If I choose to break a law, I don't then blame someone or something else and expect to go without punishment. Again, though, that may just be me.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We all might as well get used to it, weed will be legal everywhere sooner or later. There's too much money made off of it. I'm not condoning it's use as I'm a recovering addict and I don't use any mind altering drugs anymore. Personally I'd rather be around someone high on smoke over a drunk! There are people who can drink all their lives and never have a problem. Then, there's people like me that cannot stop without help. If TW has a problem with drugs then I hope he gets help. If he can walk away from it, he'll be fine.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I can't wait for people with this backwards "reefer madness" mindset to go away.
I can't wait until the "weed is the greatest " crowd fails some drug tests at work, end up on the street and have to beg for money from the backwards mindset people.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I can't wait until the "weed is the greatest " crowd fails some drug tests at work, end up on the street and have to beg for money from the backwards mindset people.

If you could point to the farm where you find those straw horses, I'd be grateful.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Keep wishing, there is just as big of a market for defrauding UA's as there is for the actual tests.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
LMAO. Love your posts Al A Bama! Don't agree but they are really entertaining.

Mild-mannered Clark Kent may have been on weed; Superman wasn't
:biggrin:

:biggrin:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.