Yahoo: Tim Williams admits failing multiple drug tests at UA

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Weed IN AND OF ITSELF isn't the problem. But I'm one of those "okay, what are the facts" people.

Maybe this was years ago. Then again - given the arrest last year - maybe not.

A BETTER argument is that it calls a person's judgment into question - a person who knows they will be drug tested and yet does it anyway. That might lead to the concern about off the field stuff (a la Manziel and others) that might make a team think twice or three times about investing millions in such a person. In the end, though, it will all come down to "can he play?" The NFL literally does not care otherwise (unless, of course he smacks a woman and then all of a sudden they want to become the criminal justice system).

Grass not good - but let's not think this makes Williams another potential Aaron Hernandez, either.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Owning your mistakes - taking responsibility for them instead of making excuses for them - is huge.
Absolutely. It`s still depressing and more than a little frustrating, however, when people make the same mistakes repeatedly. I guess it will always make me SMH when it seems so obvious that lessons are right in front of them.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Absolutely. It`s still depressing and more than a little frustrating, however, when people make the same mistakes repeatedly. I guess it will always make me SMH when it seems so obvious that lessons are right in front of them.
They have learned from their mistakes and the mistakes of their friends - just not the lessons that some wish that they might have learned.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I always take with a grain of salt those who say beer is harmless and pot too. I know SO MANY people who started off on beer and pot and now they are alcoholics and crystal meth heads. Some in my own family.
Yes...for a certain percentage of the population drugs/alcohol are beyond their ability to control. The last I heard it is about 1/6 for alcohol. This doesn't mean we cannot drink...I will have a glass of red wine several nights a week. However, we do have to be alert to the reality and also the role that genetics and heredity play in all this. I've been able to help more than one person escape addiction and live a good and healthy life. However, they play the central role in all of this...

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I always take with a grain of salt those who say beer is harmless and pot too. I know SO MANY people who started off on beer and pot and now they are alcoholics and crystal meth heads. Some in my own family.
I think we can all agree that alcohol and pot are things that can be abused, especially by people that for whatever reason, genetics, lack of self control, whatever, and should be avoided by those people. On the other hand I, and most people I associate with, do not not have those defects mentioned above and can drink and smoke and not lose their ability to function. I drink probably five or six beers a week. I can take it or leave it, no problem. I also have been known to smoke a little bit, although I haven't done it in probably 15 years or so. Should I be punished because others can't handle their vices? I don't think so. Why should we penalize the many for the weaknesses of the few?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I think we can all agree that alcohol and pot are things that can be abused, especially by people that for whatever reason, genetics, lack of self control, whatever, and should be avoided by those people. On the other hand I, and most people I associate with, do not not have those defects mentioned above and can drink and smoke and not lose their ability to function. I drink probably five or six beers a week. I can take it or leave it, no problem. I also have been known to smoke a little bit, although I haven't done it in probably 15 years or so. Should I be punished because others can't handle their vices? I don't think so. Why should we penalize the many for the weaknesses of the few?
Hey, Im_on_dsp. Is DSP a drug? 'cause it sounds like you are on drugs.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Some folks sound as if they are on drugs from the way they post, telling others they sound as if they are on drugs. I would rather be around a pot smoker than a drunk. LOL
Actually I was just referring to his name, not the content. Guess not funny. Howeverr nobody dsp was responding to had said anything about "punishing" someone, much less for someone else's "defects." Perhaps I wass subconsciously responding to that negative tone.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Double secret probation. You must be too young to get the avatar reference. I'm on drugs because I believe in individual freedoms? Interesting.
Love Animal House - didn't get the connection to your user name. Now that I know what it means I have to say that I love it!

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Love Animal House - didn't get the connection to your user name. Now that I know what it means I have to say that I love it!
Thanks. I actually had a different ID way back in the early days (around 2003 or so) and one too many off-color jokes got me booted by Earle (I must have been high :cool:). So, I decided to sneak back in with a new ID and I just stayed with it.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Well, as for me, I am personally pulling for Tim Williams to be super successful in the NFL and in life. I hope he learned his lesson--finally. For some people, it takes longer to finally get the point. I have one child, the oldest and a girl, who refused to listen and got in trouble ALL THE TIME until she finally grew up a little. My youngest, a son, has been a people pleaser his whole life. Never had a spanking and all we had to do was give him the evil eye if he was doing something he shouldn't be doing and he would stop. Point is, for some people, all you have to do is count to 3, for others, it takes multiple time outs, spankings, restrictions, etc. but they can BOTH be successful when they mature. I am hoping that Tim Williams has finally matured and knows how to make better choices.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Oh, yeah, Animal House is before my time. I have seen it but the avatar didn't stand out to me.
" Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". -- Dean Wormer

Laughed so hard through the whole thing I thought that they were going to throw me out of the theatre. Literally crying.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm not trying to sound like a recovering drug addict, which I am, but there is the physical aspect of any drug that is used too much. Also for people like me who have a hard time saying no, there is a psychological impact. Of course drugs make you feel better and that can't be denied. The question for me was why did I feel the need to self medicate to deal with problems in my life? I ended up in recovery and eventually overcame my problem with the grace of God. I can't use any drug even for recreational use because I'll fall back into it!

To those of you that can have a drink or two or maybe smoke a couple of joints occasionally make sure you know the reason why. If you "need" it you might be going down the wrong road.

I hope I don't come across as preaching here, only giving you my story.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.