Yahoo: Tim Williams admits failing multiple drug tests at UA

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Do a google search for Christopher Caldwell's piece this week in First Things - discussing the opioid crisis. I realize that's not pot but my word - scared the Shula out of me.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, as for me, I am personally pulling for Tim Williams to be super successful in the NFL and in life. I hope he learned his lesson--finally. For some people, it takes longer to finally get the point. I have one child, the oldest and a girl, who refused to listen and got in trouble ALL THE TIME until she finally grew up a little. My youngest, a son, has been a people pleaser his whole life. Never had a spanking and all we had to do was give him the evil eye if he was doing something he shouldn't be doing and he would stop. Point is, for some people, all you have to do is count to 3, for others, it takes multiple time outs, spankings, restrictions, etc. but they can BOTH be successful when they mature. I am hoping that Tim Williams has finally matured and knows how to make better choices.
I agree 100% Belle, without question. But Tim's actions, if this report is true, are going to hurt him a bit, at least initially. If he interviews really well, then maybe not as much as it could, but regardless, it's something he'll have to overcome. I still stick with my post that players who break team rules continually are not true championship type players. But that's from a team perspective. The NFL is a pretty individual based type system so who knows. I do wish him the best.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Thanks. I actually had a different ID way back in the early days (around 2003 or so) and one too many off-color jokes got me booted by Earle (I must have been high :cool:). So, I decided to sneak back in with a new ID and I just stayed with it.
So, you really are on double-secret probation.

One more snide remark, and you will end up like booger. Er, ah, I mean dooger..............or whatever his name was.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Do a google search for Christopher Caldwell's piece this week in First Things - discussing the opioid crisis. I realize that's not pot but my word - scared the Shula out of me.

I did.

Calling addiction a disease usefully describes certain measurable aspects of the problem—particularly tolerance and withdrawal. It fails to capture what is special and dangerous about the way drugs bind with people’s minds.
OK, if that wasn't bad enough....................what if the food chain was corrupted, with opioid-like foods! We would get our torches and pitchforks, and go after Monsanto and Big Pharma.

Or, we wouldn't. Turns out some very common, everyday foods contain things known as opioid peptides. (For those of you who were fortunate enough to have never studied organic chemistry, that might be more info than you care to know. So, I will try to summarize.)

Basically, these are proteins, that have "things stuck on the end of a molecule", that look and act, just like opium, to the brain. (Just like in the above quote.)

Where it gets scary is the foods that are high in these compounds are closely linked to things like "leaky gut syndrome". Which gets the nasty opioid-like things into the blood, and then the brain.

They are also the basis of what a lot of folks call "comfort foods". So, yes, there may be more to that concept than we are aware.

And we wonder why addiction is a problem, in our society. Many of us already are, and we are unaware.

(For the record, I am no longer able to eat any of those foods. Which goes a long way to explain why I am always in such a foul, miserable, grouchy, and cranky mood. It is more than a "senior citizen moment".)
:biggrin2:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Well, as for me, I am personally pulling for Tim Williams to be super successful in the NFL and in life. I hope he learned his lesson--finally. For some people, it takes longer to finally get the point. I have one child, the oldest and a girl, who refused to listen and got in trouble ALL THE TIME until she finally grew up a little. My youngest, a son, has been a people pleaser his whole life. Never had a spanking and all we had to do was give him the evil eye if he was doing something he shouldn't be doing and he would stop. Point is, for some people, all you have to do is count to 3, for others, it takes multiple time outs, spankings, restrictions, etc. but they can BOTH be successful when they mature. I am hoping that Tim Williams has finally matured and knows how to make better choices.
I like and agree with what CNS had to say in response to a question about Reuben Foster and in a way could parallel with TW. "If you want a team leader that will give you all he's got every play, then RF is your man. If you are looking for a player that gets along well with hospital workers then perhaps you should look else where." Or something along those lines anyway.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.