Yahoo: Tim Williams admits failing multiple drug tests at UA

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Yahoo: TIm Williams admits failing multiple drug tests at UA

He didn't play much until his last two years of eligibility. That is probably your answer for when it happened and was suspended.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

He didn't play much until his last two years of eligibility. That is probably your answer for when it happened and was suspended.
Could be. But not playing sends one kind of signal. Not being suspended for repeated violations of team rules -- much less the law -- and which may also indicate an habitual problem, sends another.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Could be. But not playing sends one kind of signal. Being suspended for repeated violations of team rules -- much less the law -- and which may also indicate an habitual problem, sends another.
Why does Saban have to publicly suspend a guy? As long as the team knows it, I see no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Why does Saban have to publicly suspend a guy? As long as the team knows it, I see no problem.
Maybe you're right. But the next time this comes up about a player from another school, perhaps we should try zipping it for once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I think had he not, there are more than enough Bama haters that would try to have the NZAA take a closer look. We don't need them even looking in our direction. Let them concentrate on Ole Miss and leave us alone.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I think had he not, there are more than enough Bama haters that would try to have the NZAA take a closer look. We don't need them even looking in our direction. Let them concentrate on Ole Miss and leave us alone.
The NCAA doesn't set up in shop in your town because a guy's pee is cloudy.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
It wasn't broadcast regularly but I picked up on here that TW didn't play his first 2 years because of off the field issues. I've seen that talked about in passing on this board since he made a splash last season. UA is hardly the first and certainly won't be the last program to discipline student athletes for substance abuse. I don't want my tone to sound dismissive but it's a reality. I look at it as a positive for Tim. He had obstacles he had created for himself that needed conquering and he did what was asked of him by Nick Saban and the coaching staff to get on the field and potentially into the 1st round of the NFL draft. I don't expect these kids to be angels but I know Nick probably expects them to make a genuine effort to better themeselves and rise above temptation and mental errors. Not all make it but in the case of Tim I'd say he's what you want kids with problems to look like at this point in their career. Hopefully he continues to make good choices and continues to work hard at his craft. If he does he could have a very productive and lucrative NFL career.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't know why everyone is complaining about this.. it happens... He'll be fine.
If he hadn't had the run-in with the law (thank you, Brandon Chicken!) no one would know about this.

Anyone who thinks weed use isn't rampant among CFB players, feel free to place your head back into the sand.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If he hadn't had the run-in with the law (thank you, Brandon Chicken!) no one would know about this.

Anyone who thinks weed use isn't rampant among CFB players, feel free to place your head back into the sand.
Whether weed is rampant or not is a non-issue. Discipline, and the lack of discipline "IS".
Say what you want, but in the national title game, Cam(arrested for weed) was horrible. His false start, one of many, cost us in a way we'll never know.
Tim?, (sorry), he had one assist. No tackles, no rushes, no sacks, no nothins..
He didn't show up.
Part of culture, part of whatever. Get em off my football team.
Give me Bama.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Whether weed is rampant or not is a non-issue. Discipline, and the lack of discipline "IS".
Say what you want, but in the national title game, Cam(arrested for weed) was horrible. His false start, one of many, cost us in a way we'll never know.
He didn't show up.
Give me Bama.
You kinda got off the point a little.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He didn't show up.
Give me Bama.
Point is this: if you boot all the weed users from every FBS team in the country, most likely virtually every team in the country can't field a team.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Point is this: if you boot all the weed users from every FBS team in the country, most likely virtually every team in the country can't field a team.
True. Most universities would also have to close up shop if the same rules applied to regular students.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I know the popular Mantra is that weed is not addictive. However, when you know you are at risk of being tested anytime, and have a huge amount to lose potentially - and you still smoke it,...

Is that not, by definition, a form of addiction?

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.