SEC Tournament Bracket

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
We should be able to handle Miss State today and South Carolina we were close, but we just gotta finish the game.
We did beat USCe in 4 OT's already. They finished that one. We played Kentucky close in the last meeting too. We are in the best side of the bracket honestly. We are in a slump right now overall but we have great shot to at least get to the Kentucky game.

This team is such an enigma though at times. I could almost see us getting to the Title game or even winning the whole SEC Tournament as easily as I could see us losing the 1st game with MSU. *fingers crossed* we find a spark here at the right time.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
If Riley Norris can get on a multi game shooting streak and Dazon can stay out of foul trouble I like our chances getting to UK (assuming they make it). Unless the 3 point shot becomes a real threat we're likely NIT bound at best.

Still though I'm happy with Bama B-Ball again considering where we were 2 years ago. If we make it to Saturday I'm prolly heading up to Nashville.

RTR!!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
For those that have not seen the ending to the Auburn game, here it is with some music to make it sweeter.
awesome...thanks.
That's a true moment. Not because Auburn lost. I could care less about that.
But the Missouri lame duck coach, handling the moment with such humility and dignity is phenomenal.
I think that guy will go on to accomplish great things. Congrats to Missouri. Great win.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Edit: Looks like Bama will have to win the whole enchilada! :cool:
I saw the last part of the UF vs VU game. Florida did great to come back and take the lead near the end of regulation despite a series of shots that went deep in the basket and bounced back out. I thought the UF player got pushed on the shot under the basket to end regulation but refs refused to call a foul with 2 seconds or so left in the game. Vanderbilt seems to have a well balanced teams; pretty good players at every spot.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I saw the last part of the UF vs VU game. Florida did great to come back and take the lead near the end of regulation despite a series of shots that went deep in the basket and bounced back out. I thought the UF player got pushed on the shot under the basket to end regulation but refs refused to call a foul with 2 seconds or so left in the game. Vanderbilt seems to have a well balanced teams; pretty good players at every spot.
Thanks....I also thought Hill was fouled right at the end of regulation with the game tied and 2 seconds left. That's the strategy I was hoping we would deploy....get fouled while driving for a basket. Get the FT and the lead and we would win.

Once that didn't happen, I didn't hold out a lot of hope for us. Vandy's balls were going in and ours were not. Particularly the 3-pointers.

Just wasn't our night but hats off to Vandy - they have a very good team and a lot of talent and they played their tails off. They deserved the win.

Today's game will be a good one....RTR!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
IF the Tide can find a way to beat the Cats most tourney experts say they will drop firmly into a prime Bubble spot for the Dance. Sure hope they can. This run has been fun. Sure makes you shake your head and some of the losses that probably will cost them a tourney bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
IF the Tide can find a way to beat the Cats most tourney experts say they will drop firmly into a prime Bubble spot for the Dance. Sure hope they can. This run has been fun. Sure makes you shake your head and some of the losses that probably will cost them a tourney bid.

Sure does.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Four games come to mind that if we would have won,we would probably be in the dance. UGA at home especially since we killed them on the road , one of the two games with the barn still can't believe they beat us twice, A&M I know officials and UT lost a 16/18 point lead. I am sure there is another one or two but those stand out to me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
While it's easy for us to look back and shake our heads at some of the losses, it's just as easy to think of some games we won that we should have lost.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
LOL Doug Shows again for uk - gives uk the benefit of a sketch held ball call, then gleefully and emphatically T's up and Arkansas player

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Kentucky wins.

Arky let emotions get the better of them there at the end with the flagrant fouling.

Not very classy Arkansas......you made it to the finals and lost....deal with it.....

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Props to ex-'Bama assistant (and interim HC when Grant got canned) John Brannen - got Northern Kentucky (who?) in the Dance in the school's first year of full D1 membership and plays UK in the first round.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.