SEC Tournament Bracket

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We have zero chance at the NCAA unless we win out. I don't see the NIT calling unless we win at least two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We have zero chance at the NCAA unless we win out. I don't see the NIT calling unless we win at least two.

Ehh. The NIT has gotten tougher with the new rules for regular season champs getting a bid, but I think we aren't in horrible shape.

Not winning a game at all will be damaging for sure. Not confident on a particular number of wins in order to get in the NIT, though.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Ehh. The NIT has gotten tougher with the new rules for regular season champs getting a bid, but I think we aren't in horrible shape.

Not winning a game at all will be damaging for sure. Not confident on a particular number of wins in order to get in the NIT, though.

We definitely need at least one win, I think. What we don't need is a bunch of upsets in the one-bid leagues.

If it comes to it, would we take a bid to one of the other tournaments?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
We should be fine for the NIT. Granted, I think the matchup is set up pretty well for us to win a couple. We've already had success this year against both Miss St and LSU, so I"m not worried about getting one win. Then the USCe game would entirely depend on which South Carolina team we face. If they come to play, then I doubt we can pull off the upset again.

I also think Vanderbilt is well positioned for the tournament. They are hot at the right time. I don't know if they can beat UF for the second time in a week, but I like the way they are playing right now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'd love to see a miracle run through the conference tournament and an NCAA berth, but it's not realistic nor likely, but who knows.
If we don't make the N.I.T. I'm going to say, "Good, we won't get any players hurt".
I'm happy with the job Avery did with the overall talent he had.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
You won't even recognize this team next year. The influx of talent will be as profound as I can remember. I still say until the one and done is removed college bball will never be the same.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
You won't even recognize this team next year. The influx of talent will be as profound as I can remember. I still say until the one and done is removed college bball will never be the same.

I agree. I wish they would let guys go straight to the NBA if they think they can make it instead of pretending that some of these kids are students for half a year. If they choose to go to college, they wouldn't be eligible for the draft for three years. I would love to see that again, especially if they return to calling the game like it was intended. I may actually be able to watch an entire game again.
Edit to stay on topic- I hope we can get two wins. I'd like to see us at least play on the weekend again in the tourney.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Winning two games would be a major accomplishment for this team at this point. Both are winnable if we stay focused. We'd get murdered by UK in the semis though.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
With the NCAA talking about adding teams to the tourney that have losing conference records, we have a shot if we at least get to Kentucky in the SEC Tourney. If we lose before then there is definitely no shot. I think we are ok for the NIT unless we lose the first game.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Wow, the Fighting Pearls just choked away a sure win and gotta go to OT against Mizzou

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri wins at the buzzer. Pearl has yet to impress.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
That Auburn team is the team that fans should be concerned about. We have done a great job considering our level of talent. Auburn plays way too bad (except vs us) with the caliber players they have even though they are young. Give CAJ that team and its in the NCAA.. Pearl aint getting it done but dont tell the fans that.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
My wife is not a sports fan at all. She overheard the commentators remarking that Anderson was leaving, and asked me why. I said Mizzou isn't very good at all this year, they only won 7 games. She asked, but don't they play a ton of games in basketball, and I answered they played 30 games before tonight. She replies That is a bad record...then pauses and says "and Auburn just lost to THEM". Then she giggled and drifted off to sleep. I love my wife.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Welp... Guess I should have stayed up to watch the second half and OT.

Just watched the video of Kim Anderson walking off the court. Hilarious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.