Logan *** Spoiler Thread***

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ok, the opening weekend is about over, and I see several sites without spoiler tags dropping them. Its really hard to talk about this movie without spoilers. I would say going in without spoilers is the way to go for this movie, but it is ultimately your choice.There is another thread open for non spoiler, but this is the spoiler thread. Here is the non spoiler thread.
https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281907

This thread is for those who wish to talk about spoilers, and those who don't mind it being ruined.

I will put this long post up where its hard to have things ruined by just opening the page

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ok Im going to reference some spoilers that I thought were really important. Ill start with the least important and go to the most important just in case people start reading and they don’t want it spoiled anyfurther…. Ok so lets begin

· This movie like I said in the other thread is a western deconstruction film. Think Unforgiven, No Country for Old Men, and the movie reference of itself… Shane. It actually references Shane a lot, and it basically takes that “Last Gunfighter” story arc all the way.
· No More Mutants… All natural born mutants aredead except for Logan, Professor X, and Caliban. The film gives subtle reasons for why they may have died off but they largely hint that Professor X (through his mental problems)and an evil corporation killed them off. I like that they didn’t spend too much timeon showing us, but letting us decide what to believe
· Professor X has a degenerative brain disease that is very destructive to everyone in the same building as him. It’s a very cool aspect because it shows how potentially dangerous this man in the wheel chaircan be. It also adds to the character of Professor X. This Xavier is moreselfish due to the little amount of time he seems to have left, and puts morepeople in danger due to his decisions. He also has more of a father-sonrelationship with Logan in this movie. It is probably one of the best Patrick Stewart performances ever
· X23 is freaking awesome. She only talks in thelast 1/3 of the movie, but she nails every scene she is in. She at times is more brutal than Wolverine. The only issue I had with her is the reason Professor X gives for why she has her third claw in her foot.
· Ok the Deadpool pre credits scene was funny at first when he is making fun of Superman, but seemed to be in poor taste near the end when he is laying on a dead innocent man’s chest eating that guy's ben and Jerry’s icecream

· Logan and Xavier dies. Im not mad at all bythis, but more disappointed in how they didn’t really build up X24 (A perfect clone of Wolverine) really well. It was more of a ‘here is our final boss’ kinda thing. The first fight between Logan and X24 was awesome, but the final was like two big monsters hurling boulders at one another.
· I think my biggest gripe is that they started to go down the Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome route with the lost children making the anti hero more human thing. They didn’t go full Thunderdome on this plot line,but I felt that the chemistry between X23 and Logan was good enough to makeLogan seem more human. Seriously X23 and Logan played well off of each other enough to pull that off.

All in All it is a great movie. 9/10. There are many other spoilers, but those are the main points that stuck with me.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Saw it yesterday & today. Great movie. Thought it was better the second time through. I would agree with the 9/10 score. Definitely lands in my top 3 comic movies.

I disagree on the Deadpool teaser. Being in poor taste is a lot of the point.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Saw it yesterday & today. Great movie. Thought it was better the second time through. I would agree with the 9/10 score. Definitely lands in my top 3 comic movies.

I disagree on the Deadpool teaser. Being in poor taste is a lot of the point.
total agreement on Deadpool, Mr Pool is always in poor taste

On X24 I loved it, mostly because Logan's biggest enemy was always himself so a physical manifestation of that didn't bother me at all

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
On X24 I loved it, mostly because Logan's biggest enemy was always himself so a physical manifestation of that didn't bother me at all
It didn't bother me, but I think it was under hyped and under utilized in the film. I think the fight at the farm house was epic, but the fight in the forest was kinda like if you had the Hulk and the Thing just tossing boulders at each other. It could've been more epic of a death for Logan.

FWIW the adamantium bullet blowing off his head just shows that the continuity in the XMEN film series is horrible. Logan took like 5 shots to the head and was still kicking in Origins. But its whatever.

As for the Dead pool thing Im not saying that I don't get it, but I just think that him laying on an innocent dead guy is a little too dark for even him. Im still stoked for DP2, I just didn't like the scene.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Now that my phone is working a little better I wanted to mention I don't think Prof X killed all the mutants. That incident may be what caused the eventual killing of them/crackdown/whatever. Main reasoning is that while Wolverine could've survived such a global thing I don't think Caliban could have.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
[/COLOR][/FONT]No More Mutants… All natural born mutants aredead except for Logan, Professor X, and Caliban. The film gives subtle reasons for why they may have died off but they largely hint that Professor X (through his mental problems)and an evil corporation killed them off. I like that they didn’t spend too much timeon showing us, but letting us decide what to believe
I didn't really catch it in the movie but have seen multiple people point out that the reason that no more mutants have been born is because of the Canewood Company's corn syrup drinks being engineered to stop the mutant gene from naturally occurring. It does make perfect sense based on all the clues for it in the movie.

I would guess the rest died from attrition, some in Professor X's seizure and being hunted down by the Reavers.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I didn't really catch it in the movie but have seen multiple people point out that the reason that no more mutants have been born is because of the Canewood Company's corn syrup drinks being engineered to stop the mutant gene from naturally occurring. It does make perfect sense based on all the clues for it in the movie.

I would guess the rest died from attrition, some in Professor X's seizure and being hunted down by the Reavers.
The Doctor, Price I believe, explicitly stated it at the Farmhouse though it goes by quick and is easy to miss. The corn syrup was genetically engineered to stop new mutants. I think it's kind of weak frankly as sure that would work in much of the developed world but not everywhere. Hell my wife has hippy friends who's kids have never tried corn syrup in anything as they are watched like hawks for every scrap of food. Then you get to the 3rd word, assuming that there still is one in 2029 and you'd have only poor mutants being born to wreak havoc on the world. Don't see the US allowing that either

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The Doctor, Price I believe, explicitly stated it at the Farmhouse though it goes by quick and is easy to miss. The corn syrup was genetically engineered to stop new mutants. I think it's kind of weak frankly as sure that would work in much of the developed world but not everywhere. Hell my wife has hippy friends who's kids have never tried corn syrup in anything as they are watched like hawks for every scrap of food. Then you get to the 3rd word, assuming that there still is one in 2029 and you'd have only poor mutants being born to wreak havoc on the world. Don't see the US allowing that either
I did see he stated it but I managed to miss it twice somehow, lol.

It's not that weak to me although I get your point and agree but I imagine in that instance that the government and/or elements within the government likely had a hand in pushing that through. Most people get tons of that stuff in their food without even knowing it. By 2029 the DeVos effect would have it even higher. :biggrin:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I did see he stated it but I managed to miss it twice somehow, lol.

It's not that weak to me although I get your point and agree but I imagine in that instance that the government and/or elements within the government likely had a hand in pushing that through. Most people get tons of that stuff in their food without even knowing it. By 2029 the DeVos effect would have it even higher. :biggrin:
It's their way to setup the old man Logan story. In the comics Scarlet Witch alters reality and cuts mutants to less than 10% of the population. They more or less didn't want to compete with Disney's version of Scarlet Witch so they basically went the Xavier Alzheimer's and Evil corporation poisioning the water route. I think they were just looking to say it did happen, but how it happened isn't the most important thing for the story.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It's their way to setup the old man Logan story. In the comics Scarlet Witch alters reality and cuts mutants to less than 10% of the population. They more or less didn't want to compete with Disney's version of Scarlet Witch so they basically went the Xavier Alzheimer's and Evil corporation poisioning the water route. I think they were just looking to say it did happen, but how it happened isn't the most important thing for the story.
House of M was good stuff.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
makes sense

I'm gonna go see it again tonight

also saw that they cast Domino for Deadpool 2 and its the actress with the best name in this biz right now, Zazie Beetz who was awesome on Atlanta (one of the other best news shows on TV in 16)

makes sense

also saw that they cast Domino for Deadpool 2 and its the actress with the best name in this biz right now, Zazie Beetz who was awesome on Atlanta (one of the other best news shows on TV in 16)

Haven't had the chance to see ATL but I heard it is really good. I don't know about the casting for Domino right now though, but it is Deadpool. Can't expect too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
makes sense

I just got back seeing it again. It was better the second time around.

Deadpool... I think as long as they don't interpret their success like the people who did kick butt* did in which they believed language trumped good story writing then I say Deadpool will be ok regardless of who is playing who. But I do wish brosman or Lang would play cable.

For Disney... I seriously hope they aren't thinking about a house of M storyline in the future because the whole point was to end Marvel from labeling their cast as mutants. Basically it limited the term mutants for the Xmen and Spider man. No need to explore it in a universe that has "miracles" and no mutants.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.