News Article: North Korea launches 4 more missiles; 3 land in Japanese waters

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Re: North Korea threatens to 'sink' Japan, reduce US to 'ashes and darkness'

While we can all remain reasonably confident that fatboy kim and company are just spewing more ridiculous hyperbole, I'm glad we're not Japan or SK. Distance (currently) favors us.
Even if they develop the ability to strike from where they are; that distance will be a huge benefit in our ability to counter with our own defensive missile systems. The flight time differential may make all the difference.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Even if they develop the ability to strike from where they are; that distance will be a huge benefit in our ability to counter with our own defensive missile systems. The flight time differential may make all the difference.
They are FAR from perfect.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
North Korea launches missile over Japan

(CNN)In a major show of defiance to the international community, North Korea fired a ballistic missile over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido Friday.
The launch is the second to fly over Japan in less than a month, and the first since North Korea's sixth nuclear test and new United Nations sanctions on the country.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/asia/north-korea-missile-launch/index.html
More provocation but nothing will be done again.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The interview appears to me to be evidence of the successful brainwashing by the North Korean government.
Okay, to particulars.
To North Koreans "American is someone always trying to invade."
Well beside the fact that North Korea routinely invades South Korea:
1996 Gangneung sub incident
1998 Sokcho sub incident.

As for the assertion, when is the American invasion going to come? I would offer history since 1953 as evidence to refute the allegation. If the US would not reinvade and finish the little commies off when they did not have nukes, is it more like the US will invade now?
Kids were brainwashed and regardless of where they are now their views are as bereft of sanity and value as those of flat-earthers are here. Just sort of oddity.
I didn't get from their dialog that they still believed it, just what they had been told. I'll re-watch it...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I thought this was kind of funny.
The US will not protect Canada from North Korean missiles.
The Deputy Commander of NORAD, which is by treaty or agreement a Canadian officer, testified before the Canadian Senate that the US is not obligated to protect Canada from North Korean missiles. The US had asked Canada to join in the missile defense system, but Canada opted not to participate and fund it.
The Senators were a little surprised/miffed that even though they had stiffed the US and forced the US to bear the financial burden by themselves, the US would not extend the protection to Canada anyway.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: North Korea launches missile over Japan

Didn't see this mentioned before

Trump Says Tillerson Is ‘Wasting His Time’ on North Korea
WASHINGTON — President Trump undercut his own secretary of state on Sunday, calling his effort to open lines of communication with North Korea a waste of time, and seeming to rule out a diplomatic resolution to the nuclear-edged confrontation with Pyongyang.

A day after Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson said he was reaching out to Pyongyang in hopes of starting a new dialogue, Mr. Trump belittled the idea and left the impression that he was focused mainly on military options. Mr. Trump was privately described by advisers as furious at Mr. Tillerson for contradicting the president’s public position that now is not the time for talks.

“I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man,” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter, using the derogatory nickname he has assigned to Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader. “Save your energy Rex,” he added, “we’ll do what has to be done!”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/01/us/politics/trump-tillerson-north-korea.html
With an attitude like this I dont see this ending well.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Didn't see this mentioned before

With an attitude like this I dont see this ending well.
I do not think we will talk them out of this either, but if a ton of people die as a result of what is likely to happen if Trump gets his way, I would like to be able to say we did everything we could to prevent this.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don’t think so. A little good-cop-bad-cop combined with some reverse psychology. In the end, Little Rocket Man might just wish to prove Trump wrong.
I agree with the good-cop-bad-cop idea but I don't think that's the effect that comes off when the President announces to the public that his Sec of State is wasting his time. It plays more like a lack of communication or a lack of a plan behind the scenes. Good-cop-bad-cop would be a decent strategy but behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I agree with the good-cop-bad-cop idea but I don't think that's the effect that comes off when the President announces to the public that his Sec of State is wasting his time. It plays more like a lack of communication or a lack of a plan behind the scenes. Good-cop-bad-cop would be a decent strategy but behind the scenes.
FWIW, from what I have been able to gather the good cop bad cop was not the plan. Trump really disagreed with what Tillerson was doing.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
FWIW, from what I have been able to gather the good cop bad cop was not the plan. Trump really disagreed with what Tillerson was doing.
If it ends up working even by accident, Trump will take full credit and say he was the best bad cop ever.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
From PBS's Frontline last week - North Korea's Deadly Dictator
Who killed Kim Jong-un’s half brother, Kim Jong-nam, and what does the murder reveal about the North Korean leader and his regime?
[video]http://www.pbs.org/video/north-koreas-deadly-dictator-2pobwh/[/video]

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
"It is beyond imagination what they have already done inside South Korea," said Jang Se-Yul, a former North Korean computer expert who defected to the South in 2004. "The North has prepared for a massive cyber attack since the early '90s. They are more than ready to destroy the South’s infrastructure anytime Kim Jong Un gives a green light."

Jang, who runs an NGO helping defectors, claims he has been in touch with his former North Korean colleagues working out of Shenyang, the capital of Liaoning Province in northern China, as recently as last year. He says they were part of the cyber attack units dispatched from Pyongyang to operate out of China, disguised as freelance programmers, but with the aim to hack national security-related information from Seoul and Washington.

"My old college friends who are now heading cyber teams there laugh at the South’s cyber security. They say hacking into South Korean institutions is like a piece of cake," Jang said. "They sounded confident, and they are ready. For them, attacking South Korea with missiles and nuclear weapons are just waste of resources. All they need to bring down South Korea to complete chaos is to activate these malware viruses they have already prepared."
http://abcnews.go.com/International...lities-imagination-defector/story?id=50408945

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
A tunnel collapsed at Punggye-ri in early September, days after North Korea conducted its sixth and largest underground nuclear test on September 3, TV Asahi said, quoting unnamed North Korean sources.

Some 100 workers were involved in an initial collapse. Another cave-in occurred during rescue operations, leaving at least 200 people feared dead in total, the Japanese broadcaster said.

The accident was triggered by the test, TV Asahi added.
200 dead in tunnel accident at N.Korea nuclear test site: report

If the debris from the test reaches China, Beijing would see that as an attack on its country, Jenny Town, the assistant director of the U.S.-Korea Institute and a managing editor at 38 North, previously told Business Insider.
Fears of Radiation Leak Soar After North Korea Nuclear Site Collapse Kills 200

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.