News Article: North Korea launches 4 more missiles; 3 land in Japanese waters

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I know this is harsh, but that's not our problem. If the South Koreans feel threatened, they should do something about it.

I agree with you but on the other hand, I fear it's not all that easy. But with someone like Trump who has gone on record saying he's against our involvement in unnecessary wars....I dunno....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The problem is what will be the effect on Seoul if we take action against NK. That has to be taken into consideration. 35 miles is in artillery range.
Which is why our only option is 'wet work', imo.

Or we can just ignore fatboy kim until he's an actual threat to the US. This is my preferred approach.

South korea has a standing army nearly twice the size of ours (3,7 million vs our 2.1 million) and they're armed with some of the US military's latest toys - they can take care of themselves.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Which is why our only option is 'wet work', imo.

Or we can just ignore fatboy kim until he's an actual threat to the US. This is my preferred approach.

South korea has a standing army nearly twice the size of ours (3,7 million vs our 2.1 million) and they're armed with some of the US military's latest toys - they can take care of themselves.
I have a feeling that those personnel numbers wont mean much if hostilities break out again. Quick work would need to be done on the NK artillery units and **.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have a feeling that those personnel numbers wont mean much if hostilities break out again. Quick work would need to be done on the NK artillery units and **.
Possibly. Hard to know how hard the NK soldiers would actually fight.

Regardless, this isn't a US issue as far as I'm concerned. We've done enough for the Korean people, it's time they did for themselves.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Regardless, this isn't a US issue as far as I'm concerned. We've done enough for the Korean people, it's time they did for themselves.
Unfortunately, it will be in a few years when their missiles can finally reach us.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I suppose what he said during the campaign - give the South Koreans nukes...
My old man, who was tdy'd to korea 3 times in the 70's, told me we have tactical nukes in place all along the dmz. Were placed there to stop the hoards(sp?) from streaming south like what happened on '50-51. He said these were small nuclear mines...not missles. TIFWIW. I believe the SK's, with our backing, could more than take care of themselves TODAY. This isn't 1950 and they aren't what they were.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My old man, who was tdy'd to korea 3 times in the 70's, told me we have tactical nukes in place all along the dmz. Were placed there to stop the hoards(sp?) from streaming south like what happened on '50-51. He said these were small nuclear mines...not missles. TIFWIW. I believe the SK's, with our backing, could more than take care of themselves TODAY. This isn't 1950 and they aren't what they were.
Also, during the "Korean Conflict," the allies had beaten back the NKs until the Chinese threw in with them. No way on earth China backs them again with troops. They're not foolish enough to kill off the golden goose...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Considering that the majority of NK citizens are starving, I don't see their military being overly zealous. To the contrary, virtually all of their military personnel have some kin that are starving because all the money is going to the military. That has to weigh on the minds of those in uniform.

And no, at the present this isn't a US problem.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

well, they would be fighting for the favor of some of those north korean traffic girls.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
No way on earth China backs them again with troops. ...
They will back them up with their nukes... no way NK does anything without Beijing's approval. Kim Jong-un is to China what Erich Honecker was to the old Soviet Union. China has a long term plan to conquer South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They will back them up with their nukes... no way NK does anything without Beijing's approval. Kim Jong-un is to China what Erich Honecker was to the old Soviet Union. China has a long term plan to conquer South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan.
I do not believe China will drop nukes on American soldiers. Unless they get a madman like Kim at the helm. Now, no...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.