News Article: North Korea launches 4 more missiles; 3 land in Japanese waters

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: UN Security Council imposes new sanctions on North Korea

Interesting read here...

Let’s be very clear: Every single move from this point forward represents a roll of the dice. Doing nothing could mean catastrophe. Doing something could mean catastrophe. No one who is on the outside, looking in, is privy to the intelligence necessary to know which gamble has the best odds. We don’t have the best information about the disposition of North Korean forces — for example, how many of their jets can fly, or how many of their tanks can move. We have no reliable information about the true state of mind or intentions in North Korean high command. We’re all guessing. Some guesses are more informed than others, some opinions are more intelligent than others, but our thoughts and ideas await the judgment of history.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
A sobering read CA. Is our anti-missile defense worth a damn?
The Hoover cost about $750 million by today's standards & the Pentagon put in close to $10 billion for missile defense.

So worth quite a few dams.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The Hoover cost about $750 million by today's standards & the Pentagon put in close to $10 billion for missile defense.

So worth quite a few dams.
Anybody ever told you that you have a wonderful sense of humor?... I didn't think so. :biggrin:hahahaha

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
One of the talking heads I was listening to last night reminded the audience that NK does this in cycles. They do something outrageous, agree to negotiate, and then get some kind of concessions.
Each cycle seems to be more aggressive/insane than the last, so I don't know if this one has gone too far. We'll see.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
One of the talking heads I was listening to last night reminded the audience that NK does this in cycles. They do something outrageous, agree to negotiate, and then get some kind of concessions.
Each cycle seems to be more aggressive/insane than the last, so I don't know if this one has gone too far. We'll see.
Makes you wonder, with all the Trump is in over his head talk, if NK is starting to figure out that there will be no concessions this time around. Might be the advantage of having these Generals around the President as they have all seen the failures of past concessions over a few admins.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Makes you wonder, with all the Trump is in over his head talk, if NK is starting to figure out that there will be no concessions this time around. Might be the advantage of having these Generals around the President as they have all seen the failures of past concessions over a few admins.
Time will tell, but this is a high-stakes game of poker, right here.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I still think Trump is basically an unqualified fool but take no exception to his "fire and fury" or subsequent comments. We've gotten nowhere over the past 30 or so years with diplomacy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.