News Article: North Korea launches 4 more missiles; 3 land in Japanese waters

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I still think Trump is basically an unqualified fool but take no exception to his "fire and fury" or subsequent comments. We've gotten nowhere over the past 30 or so years with diplomacy.
That may be preferable to nuking Pyongyang, and polluting South Korea and Japan with fallout for generations, not to mention millions of innocent people incinerated...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That may be preferable to nuking Pyongyang, and polluting South Korea and Japan with fallout for generations, not to mention millions of innocent people incinerated...
It is.
But diplomatic efforts have not been uniformly successful in halting NK's nuclear ambitions.
Bill Clinton said:
I am pleased that the United States and North Korea yesterday reached agreement on the text of a framework document on North Korea's nuclear program. This agreement will help to achieve a longstanding and vital American objective: an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula. This agreement is good for the United States, good for our allies, and good for the safety of the entire world. It reduces the danger of the threat of nuclear spreading in the region.
Pres. Clinton 1994.
I do not wish to incinerate anybody. The only country ever to use nuclear weapons in anger is the United States. 72 years ago, we did not know the effects of nuclear fallout, etc. We do not have that excuse any more. I really want NK to no longer have nuclear weapons, but the abject failure of past diplomatic efforts will make it hard to believe any assurances NK might give to resolve this crisis diplomatically.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It is.
But diplomatic efforts have not been uniformly successful in halting NK's nuclear ambitions.
Pres. Clinton 1994.
I do not wish to incinerate anybody. The only country ever to use nuclear weapons in anger is the United States. 72 years ago, we did not know the effects of nuclear fallout, etc. We do not have that excuse any more. I really want NK to no longer have nuclear weapons, but the abject failure of past diplomatic efforts will make it hard to believe any assurances NK might give to resolve this crisis diplomatically.
i figured once bush the lesser deemed them part of the axis of evil that all would be good.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
China, the US, S. Korea and Japan are all bound together economically at this point and NK isn't good for business for any of us. China, being NK's biggest economic ally could quickly end this.

I keep hoping that China will summon lil Kim to Beijing and tell him to stop this foolishness. China enjoys the buffer of NK so "enemy" combatants aren't on their border However, NK has destabilized the region so much that any conflict as others have eluded to, could cause a nuclear exchange in which China would also be all but guaranteed to have fallout even if they were not directly involved.

"Look Lil Kim, we don't care if you starve your people and rape your women. Honestly, we really don't care about your human rights violations. We don't want SK or US troops on our border. We don't want millions of NK civilians trying to cross our border. We don't want to lose business because Japanese, South Korean or US companies either no longer exist or pull out because of your actions. If you don't straighten up, shut up, and quit threatening everyone, we're going to send in 500,000 troops and feed you to the dogs. Understood?"

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
China, the US, S. Korea and Japan are all bound together economically at this point and NK isn't good for business for any of us. China, being NK's biggest economic ally could quickly end this.

I keep hoping that China will summon lil Kim to Beijing and tell him to stop this foolishness. China enjoys the buffer of NK so "enemy" combatants aren't on their border However, NK has destabilized the region so much that any conflict as others have eluded to, could cause a nuclear exchange in which China would also be all but guaranteed to have fallout even if they were not directly involved.

"Look Lil Kim, we don't care if you starve your people and rape your women. Honestly, we really don't care about your human rights violations. We don't want SK or US troops on our border. We don't want millions of NK civilians trying to cross our border. We don't want to lose business because Japanese, South Korean or US companies either no longer exist or pull out because of your actions. If you don't straighten up, shut up, and quit threatening everyone, we're going to send in 500,000 troops and feed you to the dogs. Understood?"
To use a Game of Thrones reference, I wish China would pull some sorta Red Wedding situation on Shortround and put a more agreeable regime in NK. That way China still has their buffer, but atleast we don't have the Kims, and a war. I think Trump is a moron, but I believe he is right in that continued concessions won't work because their leaders are resembling the succession of the Julian-Claudian emperors in Rome in that just get progressively worse and worse. Imagine Caligula or Nero with a nuclear bomb.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
To use a Game of Thrones reference, I wish China would pull some sorta Red Wedding situation on Shortround and put a more agreeable regime in NK. That way China still has their buffer, but atleast we don't have the Kims, and a war. I think Trump is a moron, but I believe he is right in that continued concessions won't work because their leaders are resembling the succession of the Julian-Claudian emperors in Rome in that just get progressively worse and worse. Imagine Caligula or Nero with a nuclear bomb.

If North Korea would just accept a million Syrian refugees all would be forgiven. (Blue font)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
So Trump said NK would face "Fire and Fury" if they threatened the US. They then threatened to attack Guam. Was this just another Trump lie, just a hollow threat, a red line that was quickly passed. :conf2:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
So Trump said NK would face "Fire and Fury" if they threatened the US. They then threatened to attack Guam. Was this just another Trump lie, just a hollow threat, a red line that was quickly passed. :conf2:
If I recall correctly, Trump did get mad at the threat to attack Guam. That would qualify as Fire and Fury.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well, if NK did nuke Guam it would take care of the invasive snake problem they have.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
A buddy of mine just completed a flight over Japan and this is the message they received on the onboard printer in the cockpit.

He said they could see the missile land in the Ocean about ten miles in front of their plane.
Gotta love the friendly skies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Next target Guam, North Korea says
(CNN)North Korea's launch of a missile over Japan was a prelude to more military operations directed at the American territory of Guam, North Korean state media warned Wednesday.
The country's state-run Korean Central News Agency reported leader Kim Jong Un presided over the dawn launch Tuesday of the "ultra-modern rocket system," the first missile ever fired from the capital Pyongyang.
North Korean officials told CNN in Pyongyang that Kim was "very satisfied with the performance of the missile."

The intermediate-range missile, identified by the North Koreans as the Hwasong-12, flew over Japan, further fueling tensions between North Korea and the United States and its allies, Japan and South Korea.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/asia/north-korea-missile-launch-guam-threat/index.html
Looks like they called Trump's bluff

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.