Link: ESPN layoffs will hit on air "talent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
It's an experiment. There are more people who get burned out on the constant political harping than you know. We'll see...
I get it, but hopefully it will go better than G&C. You had 1 decently active forum and split it into 2 that rarely get any posts. I know Bayou not being around is a big factor, but splitting it didn't help. Hopefully there are enough NS posters that it won't be an issue.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
For what it's worth, none of us who are posting the many idiocies of the Trump administration complained or asked for safe spaces when the topic was Obama
To be fair, this isn't something that just started being discussed when Trump was elected. The political fatigue was being discussed {granted, behind the scenes} way before Trump was elected. So this isn't something the admins just came up with since January 2017.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
To be fair, this isn't something that just started being discussed when Trump was elected. The political fatigue was being discussed {granted, behind the scenes} way before Trump was elected. So this isn't something the admins just came up with since January 2017.
fair enough, timing just seems to be a bit odd to me but as always I'll go with whatever y'all think best.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Hate to see anyone lose their job but I'm glad he won't be talking college football on ESPN anymore. ESPN's coverage of CFB will look a lot different (and hopefully better) this fall..

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Notice a number of missing posters that used to be regulars.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
LOL. I never thought I'd see the day that NS created a Safe Space for itself.
Call it what you like, but the fact that political discussion have come to dominate the board has had a negative affect on the NS board. We know of quite a few former posters who have left because they grew weary of the constant political discussion or the fact that some posters feel the need to interject politics into every discussion. And all this started long before Trump was elected - just look at how many posters no longer come over here - the list is quite long, and more than a few told us privately why.

We (the mods) are trying to create places where everyone can discuss what they wish and where more people are willing to participate. If a handful of people dominate a particular board, then probably the best thing we can do is give them their own space.

So yah, you can call it a 'safe space' if being snarky is your goal, but we're trying to maximize the average user's enjoyment of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.