2017 Alabama Pro Day

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama is hosting Pro Day today.

Reuben was expected to meet with NFL teams last night to discuss his dismissal from the Combine.

Also, looks like Bradley Sylve will be participating.

March 8 of last year is when it happened, when -- one day before Alabama's pro day -- Bradley Sylve suffered a torn Achilles tendon while going through a light pro day tune-up.

While other former Crimson Tide players performed in front of NFL evaluators, Sylve was undergoing surgery and preparing for a six-to-nine month recovery.

Now, exactly one year after suffering that devastating injury, the former Alabama cornerback will finally get his chance to perform in front of NFL personnel.

Sylve will be working out at the Tide's pro day on Wednesday, intent on accomplishing the same goals he had for last year's event. Those goals? To run a 4.2 in the 40-yard dash and perform well enough that he gets an NFL opportunity.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Don't forget up to 5 person from class of 2018 can participate in pro day today. My guess it'll be averett, ridley, tony brown, hootie jones and maybe bo scarbough if his leg is healed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Dieter appears to have run a 4.68 40 yard dash.

Ryan Anderson unofficially ran a 4.73.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I thought that Sylve was supposed to participate. Any word on his 40 time?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
t
4.41-4.45

yikes. that's a long way off from the 4.2 goal he set. It's not slow by any stretch and is still very serviceable in the NFL but not going to turn a lot of heads with just the 40 time. Hopefully he did well in the other drills to get some attention.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
t

yikes. that's a long way off from the 4.2 goal he set. It's not slow by any stretch and is still very serviceable in the NFL but not going to turn a lot of heads with just the 40 time. Hopefully he did well in the other drills to get some attention.
Well, 4.2 was completely unrealistic IMO. The fastest computer-verified time ever at the NFL combine was Washington's John Ross this year at 4.22. The average time for a CB is 4.55 and for safety 4.62. I think Bo Jackson ran a 1.8 but that was on the "official" hand held stopwatch at the combine. Deion Sanders ran a 4.27. I always feel like there are tons of inflated 40 times in high school and college. Then you get to a computer-timed, tightly controlled 40 and the truth comes out.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Well, 4.2 was completely unrealistic IMO. The fastest computer-verified time ever at the NFL combine was Washington's John Ross this year at 4.22. The average time for a CB is 4.55 and for safety 4.62. I think Bo Jackson ran a 1.8 but that was on the "official" hand held stopwatch at the combine. Deion Sanders ran a 4.27. I always feel like there are tons of inflated 40 times in high school and college. Then you get to a computer-timed, tightly controlled 40 and the truth comes out.
Listening to Bo tell the story about his 40 time is pretty funny. He was truly gifted.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Slyve might struggle in NFL because he was out for a year, but then again, there could be a team who could've kept in touch with him and watch his rehab process, I don't know.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Slyve might struggle in NFL because he was out for a year, but then again, there could be a team who could've kept in touch with him and watch his rehab process, I don't know.
I'd be surprised if he makes a 53 man roster. His best bet is try to make a practice squad..

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
1.8 is incredible!!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.