BAMA vs Gamecocks

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I also heard it is the first time since 2002 we have won 2 games in the tourney (double bye in 2013).
I think that's true. We lost the SEC Championship final by 3 points to Miss St. Made the NCAA as a #2 Seed and shockingly got upset by Kent St. in the Round of 32. Though.... that Kent St. team made an Elite 8 run. The 2002 team was really good.....could have and should have made an Elite 8/Final 4 run.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm going to watch the replay on "Watch Espn". I am very proud of the team and coaches. I'll be honest...this really surprised me. It seems that when both Key and Riley are on their A game that we can be really difficult to beat.
Kentucky will try to take Brandon out of the game plan for us so someone like Armond or Junior are going to have to step in and up for us to have a chance.
Kentucky is mighty talented and good but we can play with them if we have our best game to date. Anything less will result in futility. Regardless, this team has actually already exceeded my expectations. Great effort and a truly great coaching job by Avery. RTR! What time tomorrow?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm going to watch the replay on "Watch Espn". I am very proud of the team and coaches. I'll be honest...this really surprised me. It seems that when both Key and Riley are on their A game that we can be really difficult to beat.
Kentucky will try to take Brandon out of the game plan for us so someone like Armond or Junior are going to have to step in and up for us to have a chance.
Kentucky is mighty talented and good but we can play with them if we have our best game to date. Anything less will result in futility. Regardless, this team has actually already exceeded my expectations. Great effort and a truly great coaching job by Avery. RTR! What time tomorrow?
Noon on ESPN.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Watched the entire game on dvr without knowing the outcome (it was probably still being played when I started to watch from the beginning). Great game but what a mess at the start. Both teams play good defense.

I was frustrated with some of the ref calls which I was afraid would come back to haunt Bama. One example was the push off by the USC ball handler that was called a foul on Key. Also, USC got away with holding and bumping the ball handler while out away from the basket. This was an area of emphasis a few years ago but seems to no longer be a concern by the refs.

Hall made a couple of big plays on offense. Norris finished some shots at the basket; earlier this year I didn't think he could ever make one up close.

Key played strong on offense and defense. I won't mention the turnover he made late in the game that kept USC in it...:)

Bama players picked up their dribble way too much. They shouldn't dribble for no reason but once they start they seem to have a clock in their head that says time to pick it up...

Bama scored a lot in the 2nd half with 2nd and 3rd passes; good player and ball movement. Nice free throw shooting at the end. I still don't think Bama has hit the front end of a one-and-one this year.

Rebounds: Bama 42 USC 27 !!

Roll Tide

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Watching the replay. Braxton Key is a Charles Cleveland clone. The old timers, like me, will understand what I'm saying.
Even the hair style is the same. Outside, inside, great players. RTR!

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We scored the last ten points, all on free throws. Only missed two attempts in that stretch, both when the game was out of reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
We scored the last ten points, all on free throws. Only missed two attempts in that stretch, both when the game was out of reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone else think like me, that we've actually improved someone free throws? Especially Dante Hall?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.