NIT Selection

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
About to start on ESPNU at 7:30.

Last I saw we are projected to be a 3 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Came across this article from February, NIT will experiment with rules to speed up game, NCAA announces

Basically, the team foul count will reset at the 10-minute mark in each half (don't know what happens in overtime).

Also, says NIT will experiment with setting shot-clock at 20 seconds instead of 30 when resetting and inbounding ball in the front court.

Anyone heard if these rules are truly a go for this year's NIT?

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
Came across this article from February, NIT will experiment with rules to speed up game, NCAA announces

Basically, the team foul count will reset at the 10-minute mark in each half (don't know what happens in overtime).

Also, says NIT will experiment with setting shot-clock at 20 seconds instead of 30 when resetting and inbounding ball in the front court.

They are a go this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Love this! Hope it will be adopted in all NCAA games. I can't hardly stand to watch a game unless I have some fast-forwarding time so I can just ff thru free throws (this is coming from a former basketball junky).

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Hope the community and in-town students come out. It's spring break this week.
Not good news. Tuscaloosa city and county schools are on spring break too. It's going to be a ghost town. I wish there was some way I could jam it in.

Alabama Men’s Basketball NIT Tickets On Sale

Courtside and baseline season-ticket holders will receive an email Sunday evening (March 12) to reserve their floor seats online. Courtside and Baseline Season Ticket holders can also call the Ticket/TIDE PRIDE Office beginning Monday, March 13, at 8 a.m. C.T.

Any remaining available courtside (front court and back court) and baseline reserved seats will go on sale to the general public Tuesday, March 14 at 8 a.m. C.T.
At least folks should be able to fill seats if they want to go. I like that season ticket holder seats will open up if they aren't going to be used.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I will be watching the game tomorrow to see if we can continue our hot streak... No matter what happens in the NIT tournament, I just want to see some things to show that we really did improved in the last few game or we just got lucky with this and that. I'm really proud of the team because I think they finally got it. I just wish the light came on in the middle of the season as opposed to the end of the season, but I'll take it. I'm excited about next year's class. With Next year, we'll have Norris, King, Petty, Sexton, Reese, Johnson Jr, Austin and Key.... whoooo, That's a dangerous team right there. I know our spot is full, but I wish we could take in a graduate transfer just for insurance purpose, but I can't help but wonder if we'll see 1-2 transfer soon.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
A couple of things to take note of:

Ticket prices are low-only 10 bucks.
Seating is general admission

RTR

Show up early and get a good seat. We need to have a good crowd.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I will be watching the game tomorrow to see if we can continue our hot streak... No matter what happens in the NIT tournament, I just want to see some things to show that we really did improved in the last few game or we just got lucky with this and that. I'm really proud of the team because I think they finally got it. I just wish the light came on in the middle of the season as opposed to the end of the season, but I'll take it. I'm excited about next year's class. With Next year, we'll have Norris, King, Petty, Sexton, Reese, Johnson Jr, Austin and Key.... whoooo, That's a dangerous team right there. I know our spot is full, but I wish we could take in a graduate transfer just for insurance purpose, but I can't help but wonder if we'll see 1-2 transfer soon.
And Ingram and Giddens. A transfer would not surprise me either

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With the current recruiting class, we're already one over the limit. Many expect Brandon Austin to transfer, which would put Bama at 13 players. If we are to get a grad-transfer, AJ would probably have to go off scholarship.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
With the current recruiting class, we're already one over the limit. Many expect Brandon Austin to transfer, which would put Bama at 13 players. If we are to get a grad-transfer, AJ would probably have to go off scholarship.
He didn't play much. He's not likely to contribute much next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.