NIT Selection

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
With the current recruiting class, we're already one over the limit. Many expect Brandon Austin to transfer, which would put Bama at 13 players. If we are to get a grad-transfer, AJ would probably have to go off scholarship.
I agree. I just feel like we need help on the board. A graduate transfer would be very helpful to us. It's not like AJ needs the scholarship, so that's a great option.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree. I just feel like we need help on the board. A graduate transfer would be very helpful to us. It's not like AJ needs the scholarship, so that's a great option.
We lose 32% of our rebounds from this year in the four seniors. I suspect Giddens will get his fair share of rebounds. If King is able to get healthy, he should as well.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Even if he pays his own way, Junior counts against our scholarship total if he is playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Even if he pays his own way, Junior counts against our scholarship total if he is playing.

No, he doesn't. Scholarships are renewed every year. Avery could decide not to renew it, which would mean AJ pays.

The issue would be if we recruit a guy for months knowing he's able to pay his own way, which he does for the sole purpose of allowing us to sign one more to the class.

Current players wouldn't count like a recruited player would.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Nick King. Transferred from Memphis and sat last year. Played at the beginning of this season and was starting to come into his own before he was Sideline with a medical issue.... I think it was a blood clot in his lung.... was supposed to contribute with some scoring this year. I think if he would have been healthy he could have really contributed in SEC play.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Nick King. Transferred from Memphis and sat last year. Played at the beginning of this season and was starting to come into his own before he was Sideline with a medical issue.... I think it was a blood clot in his lung.... was supposed to contribute with some scoring this year. I think if he would have been healthy he could have really contributed in SEC play.

I knew I should have deleted my post after RTR91 made his correction from "Key" to "King"...:)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.