Eddie Lacy signs with Seahawks

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yes, I kinda saw that one coming. I think he wanted to be featured back instead of always splitting roles in Green Bay. His weight issue with the coach didn't really help.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Eddie should thrive in Seattle as long as he stays at a good playing weight. Hopefully he's learned his lesson with that issue. If he balloons up again I'd expect another frequent injury season and a release.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Eddie Lacy visited three teams, Sea, Minn and GB last week and for one of the team he weighed in at 267. Last year he weighed 234.

This is from the tweet Bob McGinn posted.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He could have a monster season in their offense if he can stay healthy, and a monster season this year will lead to a huge contract.

Green Bay's offense is awesome, but Eddie was never going to have numbers much better than he saw in his rookie season there. They don't commit to the running game at the LOS.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There is a reason the Packers have only won 4 championships and 5 conference crowns in the past 51 years while 4 other teams have won atleast 5 championships and 6 conference crowns.

I think the Packers have this sense that they think the Lombardi way is the best way of doing business, but it's been proven untrue for the most part. If they don't get with the times they will be forever dependent on Aaron Rodgers winning atleast 3 straight postseason games by himself like they did for so long with Farve. The one time that happened with Rodgers was with a pretty good receiving core and a great defense. Right now he has neither. Letting Lacy get away was pretty dumb.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He could have a monster season in their offense if he can stay healthy, and a monster season this year will lead to a huge contract.

Green Bay's offense is awesome, but Eddie was never going to have numbers much better than he saw in his rookie season there. They don't commit to the running game at the LOS.
The problem is that the GB offense is AR and 10 players that wouldn't be showcasers on the other 31 teams, and pretty much an aging Matthews and 10 others on the otherside. Yes AR is an elite qb with a skill set that makes him very troublesome, but he has the Farve potential of trying to do too much. The Packers have serious issues that hadn't been corrected because they don't believe in changing age old philosophy that won them championships in the 50's and 60's. They basically are the Steelers back office with the Patriots offense. Yes that sounds like a great combo, but playing cheap and looking at it being an honor to play for a team doesn't work for the players you can't replace. The Steelers success since 1990 is mostly due to Cowher being able to convince the Rooney's that there are some players that they must have. But the Rooneys reverted back to their old ways once he was gone. It wasn't until Roethlisberger threatened retirement that they caved. The Packers have never really had these come to Jesus moments with their back office, and have ran their business like they have since Lombardi.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
These people are cold blooded saying the Seahawks replaced beast mode with eatmode lol
If he has really gained 30 pounds from last year, he may deserve that. I mean, you have to really try to gain 30 pounds in a year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If he has really gained 30 pounds from last year, he may deserve that. I mean, you have to really try to gain 30 pounds in a year.
If you go back and watch the Notre Dame game Eddie looks like a different person. He was in so much better shape. This may be his last meaningful contract if he doesn't get serious about being a professional athlete..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Eddie really has gained 30 pounds since his injury, I have to wonder if he has some medical issues. Does this guy look someone that weighs 260+? This was in October, so he would have gained 30 pounds in 5 months.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
If Eddie really has gained 30 pounds since his injury, I have to wonder if he has some medical issues. Does this guy look someone that weighs 260+? This was in October, so he would have gained 30 pounds in 5 months.

I'd expect there to be some stipulations and/or incentives relative to a reporting weight and maybe a season maximum with his history. He has the skill and experience now. Hope he has the will.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Eddie was in pretty good shape last year. It was the year before that he was embarrassingly out of shape. He had a long playoff run against the Cardinals which would've iced the game. He used his power to breakthrough through the LOS and he was all by himself in the secondary. All the sudden it looks like he's running in slow motion and he gets caught from behind. Found the clip. This is still a good run by Eddie but if he was in shape he would've finished this run easily..

https://youtu.be/ITTEp9g7gs4

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Eddie was in pretty good shape last year. It was the year before that he was embarrassingly out of shape. He had a long playoff run against the Cardinals which would've iced the game. He used his power to breakthrough through the LOS and he was all by himself in the secondary. All the sudden it looks like he's running in slow motion and he gets caught from behind. Found the clip. This is still a good run by if Eddie was in shape he would've finished this run easily..

https://youtu.be/ITTEp9g7gs4
Right. He lost all that weight last year with P90X or another program. And he all of a sudden gains 25-30 pounds in 5 months? Something seems very off.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.