Richmond vs. Alabama

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Richmond made Bama look silly. They made sharp passes and hit open shots. Alabama has to be able to hit jump shots, not just 3's, when defenses pack the paint and take away the drive to the basket.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
So far Avery Johnson's calling card is for his team to get you a little excited and then flop. It's happened multiple times now over two years against teams it shouldn't happen against. Embarrassing loss tonight.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Got busy, here at the house, and somehow only saw the crappy parts of the game.

Must have all been my fault. The Jinx strikes again.

Or, maybe, just maybe, another roller coaster game in a roller coaster season. A bit better than some recent ones, but just barely.

On to next year. Again.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Frustrating is an appropriate word to describe our basketball team. One step up, two steps back. On the day this program ever achieves some consistency, I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise, not worth wasting the time getting your hopes up. Same results, different year.
Then go to the football board. We won't miss you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
So far Avery Johnson's calling card is for his team to get you a little excited and then flop. It's happened multiple times now over two years against teams it shouldn't happen against. Embarrassing loss tonight.
You hit the nail on the head. We have no consistency whatsoever. When you're down 5 with a little over 2 minutes you can't make 5 passes on offense.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
5* Collin Sexton, 5* John Petty, 4* Alex Reese, 4* Herb Jones, and 3* Galicia Smith think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't doubt they are coming....just not sure what they saw. I miss the days where we could: 1) shoot, 2) drive to the goal, and 3) score inside.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The first 2 tournament games were played when I only had access to the radio network.

Saturday...........got to see the game, and we saw the result!

I would rather we blame CAG (just for the heck of it), but in lieu of that, you can all blame me.

I hope, once we get the incoming players here, that CAJ can get this thing rolling. It has been a long dry spell, since the days of Wimp and the Plaid Palace.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I see where you are coming from however there was never anything to get excited about as far as our roster goes other than an NIT appearance. Great to hope we would have made the big dance but the reality is, we arent there yet. We will have the horses to have reason to be excited next season. Reminds me of Bama football during the Shula years. Many fans wanted us to be great regardless of the limitations that were obvious with the eye test.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.