Iowa HS students apologize for wearing red, white and blue to game

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Because it may have offended the refuhadjis playing for the rival team. This is THE United States of America isn't it? If our patriotism offends you...leave. I'm sick of the political correctness from banning our flag or patriotic clothing because it may "offend" someone. Toughen up.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/...-usa-themed-patriotic-clothes-basketball-game
Would it change your opinion if it turned out they were shouting things like "deport them!" among other things?

http://www.snopes.com/iowa-students-apologize/

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
you mean to tell me that fox is putting stuff like this out there to make it seem like good white christian folk are being tormented by the tyrannical pc police? i don't believe it
You seem to have anger and contempt toward Christians, but where did that come into play in this matter ? I read the article and saw no explicit or implied reference to Biblical or even misguided Christiananity. Did I miss it ?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You seem to have anger and contempt toward Christians, but where did that come into play in this matter ? I read the article and saw no explicit or implied reference to Biblical or even misguided Christiananity. Did I miss it ?
no, i don't. you may want to read my post again. this was just another piece to whip "real 'murkins" into a frenzy about their country being taken away from them. the real americans being the white "christians" that are constantly persecuted because they cant say what they really think about those people without getting called out on it.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
There wasn't one. Just a reference to American patriotism. But since the majority of patriotic Americans are also Christians, and he is fiercely anti-Christian, then well, you get the idea...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There wasn't one. Just a reference to American patriotism. But since the majority of patriotic Americans are also Christians, and he is fiercely anti-Christian, then well, you get the idea...
bless your heart.

and if you think what those folks were doing was in the name of patriotism and by extension christianity, i guess the rest of your post makes sense in some weird way.

apologies if that is too fierce for you

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Picture from the link. Is that guy shooting a bird? The fella with the Flag scarf is in violation of the flag code. Christians are not mentioned in the link BTW. Regarding 92Tide's post, I think a person can be a patriot without being a Christian. I am proof of that.

• The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins). Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Last edited:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
So Snopes reported someone on social media saying a few from the opposing team were calling to deport the refugee's ..shouting some slurs, and without even an official confirmation from the opposing team, nor the coach.....

I have no doubt there were stupid fans there..there are those at every sporting event I have ever attended. Only reason this made news was to create "click bait" from the original reporting of wearing the red white and blue, and then the counter spin of racism.......

If people's skin was this thin when I grew up......you'd live a lifetime, with your kitty Kat hurt all the time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Picture from the link. Is that guy shooting a bird? The fella with the Flag scarf is in violation of the flag code. Christians are not mentioned in the link BTW. Regarding 92Tide's post, I think a person can be a patriot without being a Christian. I am proof of that.

• The flag should not be used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery", or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general (exception for coffins). Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.[SUP][6][/SUP]

That, to me, looks to be his ring finger(third)...instead of the "birdie" finger...

Just an observation, because it doesn't look like shooting a tradition "bird"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.