JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Richmond 71, Alabama 64: Another season ends with early NIT exit
by Chris DePew
TideFans Staff
March 14th, 2017 11:18 PM

By Chris DePew TideFans.com staff March 14, 2017 Alabama’s vaunted defense got cut to shreds Tuesday night at Coleman Coliseum as sixth-seeded Richmond shot 53.8 percent from the field to upset the No. 3 Crimson Tide 71-64 in the first round of the NIT. What did we learn today?: There was next to nothing left […]

Read More Here...

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
I went to the game last night and here are my takes...
* You're dead on by talking about them being spent - we consistently got beaten by Jones last night (no matter who was guarding him) and we NEVER got a runout score (not even an attempt).
* We didn't feed Collins enough. Early on, it was apparent that CC had come to play and that Richmond couldn't quite stop him; we should have started running our offense solely through him like with did with RO last year.
* We got shafted by the officials several times. It's been a while since I saw officiating this bad - one guy in particular made four horrible calls during the game (three against us, one against Richmond). The one inside 3:00 sealed our fate.
* Not being terrible critical of CAJ, but sometimes he put combinations of guys out on the floor that made me ask "where's our offense going to come from over the next three minutes?" And, unfortunately, there were dry spells during those times (often the times that Richmond pushed the lead out).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.