Job search

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Would anyone in the Atlanta area have any leads on purchasing or contract management type openings? The company I worked for cut my position and I have been on the job search and having little success. People either want more experience or less than I have. I'm in that "experienced-non manager level" and it seems like I'm stuck in the middle.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Would anyone in the Atlanta area have any leads on purchasing or contract management type openings? The company I worked for cut my position and I have been on the job search and having little success. People either want more experience or less than I have. I'm in that "experienced-non manager level" and it seems like I'm stuck in the middle.
I sent you a PM.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i don't know of anything specifically, but if you are convenient to the southside of town (near the airport area) there are a lot of logistics, etc companies that seem to be doing well/expanding. also, there are several movie/tv production studios down this way as well.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Seriously? Who would want to work/live in College Park or East Point?

(Note blue font!)

OK, I can now safely say that since my relatives have long since moved to Austell.........................:biggrin2:

Anyway, enough pointless levity..............

Being "over-qualified" is a major roadblock, to finding a job. What they really mean is "we don't want to pay you what you are really worth, and you are a fool if you buckle and accept less, even if you are in a position that dictates that you should." Catch-22.

Hope it works out, for the best.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'm in the same boat, I'm being let go at the end of May (thankfully they gave me plenty of time to look) and the search has started pretty slow. I'm in IT with 8+ years of desktop/network support. Most of the job openings I'm finding are for entry level help desk or system/network engineers. I'm somewhere in the middle, not enough experience or knowledge for the higher level jobs and I don't want to start over answering the phones all day. Good luck to you, hopefully we both find something that suits our skill levels.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
One of my areas of accountability includes vendor management. No openings at the moment, but I expect there to be one or two in the next six months or so. Not wishing your search to last that long, but I'm open to making a connection in the event openings materialize as I expect and your experience and our needs align. The position(s) would be in Birmingham however.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Keep your head up, guys. 15 months ago I was part of a housecleaning action (along with the department director and a few others). I interviewed fairly quickly with several places and entertained a few offers before settling here. The only thing that could make me happier is to be closer to home. I have input. I make more money. I am appreciated. Point being, there may be an even better opportunity if you turn over the right rock. Good luck in your searches.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm in the same boat, I'm being let go at the end of May (thankfully they gave me plenty of time to look) and the search has started pretty slow. I'm in IT with 8+ years of desktop/network support. Most of the job openings I'm finding are for entry level help desk or system/network engineers. I'm somewhere in the middle, not enough experience or knowledge for the higher level jobs and I don't want to start over answering the phones all day. Good luck to you, hopefully we both find something that suits our skill levels.
Sent you a PM.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Thanks for the responses, trying to stay positive and I for sure do not want to settle.

Has anyone worked a Contract-Temp position? I hear there are benefits to them and of course down sides as well.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.