6-foot-8, 400-pound Australian talks Alabama and Learning Football.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not sold on him. I'm more concerned about his technique more than his size. I want him to be on the field IF ONLY he can master the techniques taught by the coaching staff. I think he's a candidate for redshirt year just to develop and get better.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not sold on him. I'm more concerned about his technique more than his size. I want him to be on the field IF ONLY he can master the techniques taught by the coaching staff. I think he's a candidate for redshirt year just to develop and get better.
Our coaches do have a tendency to play guys that don't follow coaching well and just do whatever they want to do. :rolleyes:

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
There was this guy they called "Hulk" a few years ago that had bad weight and so-so technique. They said he was a project. DJ Fluker became a disciplined right tackle and one of my favorite players. I recall him pumping up the rest of the o-line when they weren't playing great and holes started opening up garage door size.

Probably should give the guy a scholarship. Good track record with these sized guys.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There was this guy they called "Hulk" a few years ago that had bad weight and so-so technique. They said he was a project. DJ Fluker became a disciplined right tackle and one of my favorite players. I recall him pumping up the rest of the o-line when they weren't playing great and holes started opening up garage door size.

Probably should give the guy a scholarship. Good track record with these sized guys.
You're comparing apples to orangutans - Fluker (5*) was the #1 ranked OL (#3 ranked overall prospect regardless of position) in the nation coming out of HS.

Attachments

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That whole offensive line was insanely good as a college line. I think that your line next year may be better.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
That whole offensive line was insanely good as a college line. I think that your line next year may be better.
That's a mighty high bar to meet. We've got a lot of great players for sure, but I think what set that OL apart from the others wasn't just the quality of the players, but their mindsets. Just like Donta, Upshaw and Barron were "hateful" on defense, we had some guys on that OL who were just as hateful. Mix that attitude in with that level of physical talent and it's something special. I haven't seen anyone on the current OL with that level of fire and desire, but would love to see it come out.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He wasn't fat, but he was YUGE:
Exactly & agree 100% with ya Brad..DJ actually weighs less than Faalele & Hulk coming out of high school, but, he was the most massive player that's ever put on a Crimson Jersey..

I dunno how to exactly explain what I'm trying to say because there's been players at Bama as tall as DJ, player's that's weighed more, but, from a standpoint when you combine being tall, weight & wing span, put them all together into one player DJ is the most massive player I think in history of Bama Football..

DJ has an extra big size DNA Chromosome than the rest of us..It's not a sloppy bad weight cause DJ is one helluva athlete that's in great shape..Check out this pic of DJ in the Pro's..Goodness.. His shoulder & arms is bigger than my waist near bouts..LOL

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
Where was Jesse Williams from I can't remember..We have a good history with Player's on our team from other countries..
It appears that Faalele is from Melbourne. Williams is from Brisbane. As per google maps, there are about 1035 miles between Melbourne and Brisbane.

So...they are neighbors, about like someone from Tuscaloosa would be with someone from Minneapolis.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.