6-foot-8, 400-pound Australian talks Alabama and Learning Football.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
When he got offered by Alabama in January, all he knew was that the Crimson Tide won a lot of football games. He wants to make a trip to Tuscaloosa to fully understand what Alabama is all about.
“I want to visit there to get a feel for what it’s like there,” Faalele said. “I do like their winning culture. Outside of that, I really don’t know much about them. I just know that they win a lot.”

Let's hope that he gets to know us real well and likes us.... :biggrin2:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting-daniel-faalele-joshua-moore

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He is only rated a 3 star. He is at IMG. I wonder if the rating is tied to low playing time since he is not from the US.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
He is only rated a 3 star. He is at IMG. I wonder if the rating is tied to low playing time since he is not from the US.
I think he's just extremely raw but is a total physical specimen with huge potential. He's barely played american football, but it's clear the sky's the limit if he's able to connect the dots.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There are few things I'm intrigued about him.
1. can he play Tackle or Guard position? With his height, I wonder if opposing team will try to force him block lower than usual stance?
2. With his height, I wonder if he's better fit for DT position where he can easily eat up two blockers.
3. If he comes to Alabama, he could see few playing opportunities as a leading blocker in the goal line formation.

I'm 90 percent sure he will redshirt at Alabama to develop better either way he has huge potential.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A few things:

- No doubt he's raw. But that might not be such a bad thing. He doesn't have any bad habits to un-learn. Meanwhile, he learns good habits from Alabama's coaching staff.

- At 6-8, the height could actually be an obstacle, except for maybe OT or TE.

- No idea if he has the hands for TE, but Michael Williams wasn't a great receiver, and we crafted him into an NFL career.

- If nothing else, he could bulldoze a bulldozer in a goal line package.

He's a project, but worth a gamble.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
A few things:

- No doubt he's raw. But that might not be such a bad thing. He doesn't have any bad habits to un-learn. Meanwhile, he learns good habits from Alabama's coaching staff.

- At 6-8, the height could actually be an obstacle, except for maybe OT or TE.

- No idea if he has the hands for TE, but Michael Williams wasn't a great receiver, and we crafted him into an NFL career.

- If nothing else, he could bulldoze a bulldozer in a goal line package.

He's a project, but worth a gamble.
Exactly..Reminds me a lot when we signed Mt Cody & hope we have the same results..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Goodness..After watching this video of Faalele I cannot put into words at how impressive he truly is for a man his size..I can see him making an instant impact the moment he gets onto campus cause he has speed I've never seen for a 400lb man..He definitely doesn't have bad weight on him & is just a well put together giant

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
With the proper coaching and guidance, if he has an aptitude for the game, and if he marries those measurable up with something of a mean streak, Lord have mercy!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.