BAMA-Samford

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Got it on late... 5-1 Samford in the 7th. Finnerty started and reading the play by play, walks hurt him. (4 walks, WP and a balk in 2.1. )

Interesting note, DeVinny starting 3rd straight at catcher. IIRC this the first time any of them have gone on back to back days and 3 games in a row. Curious if Goff has decided on his starter. (One thing I hated last year is Gaspard have Haynie 90% of the starts and I wonder if that wore on him as the season went on.)

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Gonna be a very long season once SEC play starts. Very long.
Got it on late... 5-1 Samford in the 7th. Finnerty started and reading the play by play, walks hurt him. (4 walks, WP and a balk in 2.1. )

Interesting note, DeVinny starting 3rd straight at catcher. IIRC this the first time any of them have gone on back to back days and 3 games in a row. Curious if Goff has decided on his starter. (One thing I hated last year is Gaspard have Haynie 90% of the starts and I wonder if that wore on him as the season went on.)

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I don't think we have seen anything in these 17 games to give us hope that this is anything but a team that will struggle this year. This is the staff's Mulligan year and they are going to havre to use it.

I see many crowds of a couple hundred fans at the 'new Joe' this year.

Rtr

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Was fun- until the lottery became available everywhere but here and the administrators waited 10 years to long to build the new stadium and Gaspard was allowed to stay 3 years too long. It has left us with what we now have.
I hate Alabama baseball. Geez, this used to be fun.

Rtr

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
We lose to SAMFORD, 10-3.

Let that sink in.

Samford: 10. Five of them in the 9th.

(Didn't know Samford was in a state that had a lottery..............)
(Not in blue. For a good reason.)

Love coughs up another 2-run dinger. They need to get him turned around. Like by this weekend.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We lose to SAMFORD, 10-3.

Let that sink in.

Samford: 10. Five of them in the 9th.

(Didn't know Samford was in a state that had a lottery..............)
(Not in blue. For a good reason.)

Love coughs up another 2-run dinger. They need to get him turned around. Like by this weekend.
Samford has a good team. They beat the Barn earlier this year also. They are coached by Casey Dunn who is the son of Sammy Dunn, the greatest high school baseball coach ever in the US. Samford had 7 or 8 guys get drafted three years ago when they went to the sub regional final where they lost to FSU. I know we should not be happy losing to Samford but to act like they don't have a good program is not right. Casey has been considered for the Bama and Auburn jobs in the past and would not doubt if he gets a Power 5 job someday. I think Goff is the right guy for the job.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Samford has a good team. They beat the Barn earlier this year also. They are coached by Casey Dunn who is the son of Sammy Dunn, the greatest high school baseball coach ever in the US. Samford had 7 or 8 guys get drafted three years ago when they went to the sub regional final where they lost to FSU.
Yes, but........................

What state do they play in? One with a lottery?

No.

Point is that can not be an excuse. OK, maybe when we get hammered in conference games. Not against intrastate teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.