Game Thread: Miz @ UA, Game 2

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
All I'm saying is pitching starts with a fastball. Any level. Little league, Legion Ball. HS. If they never throw any, and cant throw breaking balls for strikes, maybe they need to change how they are calling the game. 20 some walks in a weekend series is WAY too many. Not at all calling for a new coaching staff. I am saying that these coaches need to let these kids throw fastballs so they can set hitters up for breaking balls and change ups. When they are behind in the count every guy that comes to the plate is looking DEAD RED on 2-0 or 3-1 and if you have to throw fastball then you are looking at NOT being very good. These kids did not get the opportunity to pitch in the SEC because they throw a nice back door slider. It all starts with being able to throw a fastball for strikes and then work from there. It seems the coaches don't allow it

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
And Mitch..................can't think of much he did that was probably right. So, you find out how the favorites were, get on their case, push them, and see if they buy in or tune out.

OK, we are past that part, so we move to the next stage.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the next stage is. Not sure Goff knows, either. Micro-managing, to the point where the bench calls every pitch (and a crappy job, at that), is a recipe for failure.
Agree Mitch did not do much correctly. I think Goff has found some kids on the team don't deserve a scholarship much less the high percentage of the 11.7 they are getting. He can't just 'cut' kids (as he has found out) and b/c of it pushing kids to quit may be one way to cut w/out cutting. I am hoping the new AD, who by all accounts, is a baseball guy has a talk with Goff that he knows what he inherited and he knows with the 11.7 limitation and no lottery, he will judged over 3 or 4 years not 1 or 2 b/c it will take 3 or 4 to clear up the constipated roster mess left by Mitch.

In regards to pitches being called from the dugout, most teams do that. I know catchers playing/have played D1 at several schools besides BAMA and they all have said the bench always calls the pitches. Pitchers can shake off in some cases.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
This staff may not be in Tuscaloosa long. Latest news is that Goff has a fear of flying on planes and is making the team bus all the way to Columbia, SC this weekend. Missing class time to do so. Hiring this guy was a huge mistake. Time will prove that point.
Calling for the staff already? That is an all-time record. Get a clue.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
You got to be kidding me........................

Well, on the bright side......................look at all the good bonding time they will have.

On the bus.

"Isn't this living! Home is where the heart is."
"On the bus."

"Cuda, is this another one of your stupid Frank Zappa inside joke references? Don't you know that guy, in Atlanta, doesn't read this forum?"

Right, and double right.

(Another obscure reference..................)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
This staff may not be in Tuscaloosa long. Latest news is that Goff has a fear of flying on planes and is making the team bus all the way to Columbia, SC this weekend. Missing class time to do so. Hiring this guy was a huge mistake. Time will prove that point.
It's time like these that I think the players should get paid, if not for playing, at least for busing to Columbia.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Most schools never fly their baseball teams anywhere (I doubt LaTech did a lot of flying), so that's not a big deal. Neither is missing class (most of these guys are taking two classes this semester, which is why they go to school year round). What IS a big deal is if Auburn IS flying their guys. If State is. And all the rest.

rtr

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Not a rumor. He doesn't fly....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.