MIZ VS BAMA Game 3

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I finally had to quit watching the broadcast of the game as I couldn't take any more of Dave Neal and that suckunteer Chris Burke. I realize we're not a very good baseball team at this point, but their comments were so one-sided/slanted that you'd think they were Mizzou grads...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
8-5 through 5.

BAMA had 2 on no out with a walk and a HBP. Thought we had a second HBP to load them up but blue ruled Avant made no attempt to get out of the way and called it a ball. (Probably the right call but, hardly ever called! ) Avant lined to SS for the 1st out and followed up by a 6-4-3 DP.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
His first error should have been scored a hit. The ball kicked off the corner of the bag. Mark Texiera or Don Mattingly couldn't have fielded that in their prime.
I'm giving him that one, later he had one hit right at him that could have been a double play that went between his legs and under his glove... Teixeira and Mattingly both could have made that play...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Vance lead off double followed by back to back K's. DeVinny battled back from an 0-2 count for a walk. MIZ going to their closer with 2 out in the 6th. Their coach when interviewed earlier said he could go 3 easily.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Taylor K's to end the 6th. in an 0-11 slump with 8K's. 3 Innings to try and get things going! Of course, take away the errors and we are up 5-4. Hard to beat anyone with 4 unearned runs. Can't beat any team when you give up 4 unearned runs.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
So MIZ batter gets hit on a slow curve with no attempt to avoid (one that Charles Barkley's fat butt could have avoided), and 'Blue' gives him the bag! Very hard for this team to win when the rules are applied differently to both teams. MIZ pitchers have had a much deeper and wider zone. Approaching Kentucky ref bad!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I'm giving him that one, later he had one hit right at him that could have been a double play that went between his legs and under his glove... Teixeira and Mattingly both could have made that play...
Missed that one. I had stepped away for a few minutes. Thanks for the clarification. Real Q is could've Bill Buckner made the play?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
So MIZ batter gets hit on a slow curve with no attempt to avoid (one that Charles Barkley's fat butt could have avoided), and 'Blue' gives him the bag!
Back when we went to the College WS (Magadan era), we played Bevo U. A guy that I bowled with had a son, that was a starter for Bevo.

Anyway......................he leaned into a pitch, and they called it HBP.

I saw it. My buddy confirmed it.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
It is over! Little Rock fails to get a shot off. Tide rolls, 55-53!

Almost as bad a watching the third strike go by you.

We play the winner of Tulane/Grambling. Grambling took out Ol' Spit, so they can't be bad.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????

Down by 4, 2 on, 2 outs, and a runner gets caught between bases??????????????????

Unforgivable.

If this crap keeps up, The Joe is going to be empty, by the time classes wind down.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Blaming umpires for this team's failures will only go so far.
So MIZ batter gets hit on a slow curve with no attempt to avoid (one that Charles Barkley's fat butt could have avoided), and 'Blue' gives him the bag! Very hard for this team to win when the rules are applied differently to both teams. MIZ pitchers have had a much deeper and wider zone. Approaching Kentucky ref bad!

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
The most fundamentally unsound baseball team I have ever seen in Tuscaloosa.Been watching for over 20 years.Just beyond bad. Team will be lucky to do any better than 5-25 in conference. Again- thanks to Mitch and Andy. And this new staff may be in over their head.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????

Down by 4, 2 on, 2 outs, and a runner gets caught between bases??????????????????

Unforgivable.

If this crap keeps up, The Joe is going to be empty, by the time classes wind down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.