Tournament thread - mixed games

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I can't believe Alabama beat this South Carolina team twice this year.
It is confounding. It shows we're capable of playing good basketball at times. Unfortunately there were not enough of those times this season.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Looks like it will up to the Gamecocks now to represent the SEC the rest of the way.

I really thought Kentucky would get this one.

Some clutch shooting there at the end by both teams.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
From what I have seen in the tournament, SoCar can get past Gonzaga as I think they are more athletic. The Gonzaga big man may give them trouble. However I don't think SoCar can beat UNC not sure about Oregon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I've been saying Thornwell is like D-Wade and while not 100% alike they're very similar...good off the drive and can draw contact with ease.
Good analogy; he plays bigger than 6'5". Making himself some cash in the tournament

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good analogy; he plays bigger than 6'5". Making himself some cash in the tournament
He truly is. I'm thinking he should be top 5 for sure. They played a great tournament. hoping seeing their success will excite our boys to dedicate themselves to the same type of focus and determination.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If Kentucky can beat UNC, Bama will have played 3 of the Final 4 teams this year. And honestly, we beat SC twice and gave Oregon AND KY all they wanted.
Good thing UK and UF didn't get in the Final Four to scotch 'Bama's winning record (2-1) vs. the April field of March Madness.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
At the half.....Gamecocks down by 9 to the Zags.

It was very close until the last minute or so before the half ended.

9 points isn't a big enough lead to declare the winner by a long shot. Thornwell hasn't been much of a factor in scoring so maybe he will in the second half.

GO Cocks!!!!!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Down 3 with 13 seconds to play SCar waited too long to take a shot at the end and played right into Gonzaga's trap. Someone for USCe needed to take a shot early in that possession.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.