Tournament thread - mixed games

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
How do you not box out twice in a row and with a chance to win the game. Man, I hate UNC, so go Zags.
How often do you see the shooting team rebound a missed free throw? And they did it twice in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Gonzaga led at the half by 3, were up by as many as 7. If the refs get whistle happy, UNC will win through attrition of big men.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yep...the fix is in, unfortunately for Gonzaga.

Refs calling the second half completely different than the first half.

Taking players out with ticky tack fouls.

The refs are ruining the game......what a shame.....

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Meeks had the ball in his lap and his hand out-of-bounds but nobody saw it. Should have reviewed at about 49 seconds left. Don't know if coach could ask for review since there was never a call on it.

Last edited:

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
oh well. I was really hoping UNC would lose.

I wonder if they will send the refs a thank you card?
It was equal-opportunity horrendous officiating for both teams. Walking violations were ignored, an airball was suddenly transfigured into a deflection, a player makes a clean steal less than 10' feet from a ref, gets a retaliatory mugging and yet gets called for a foul.
I know it is a very hard job but the egregiously different officiating in the second half compared to the first just eviscerated the game . . . for the teams and viewers alike.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I thought that this was one of the worst NC games that I've ever seen. UNC couldn't hit the broad side of a Barn. Shooting accuracy was horrendous. They had to take the ball inside to get points. Now, there's nothing wrong with going inside the paint, but the outside shooting was really, really bad.

I don't think either team had higher than the mid to high 30% shooting.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I thought that this was one of the worst NC games that I've ever seen. UNC couldn't hit the broad side of a Barn. Shooting accuracy was horrendous. They had to take the ball inside to get points. Now, there's nothing wrong with going inside the paint, but the outside shooting was really, really bad.

I don't think either team had higher than the mid to high 30% shooting.
Ain't that the truth. The big guy for Gonzaga missed a ton of shots right at the rim. He was defended but not enough to force the misses he was putting up. Gonzaga shot well from the 3-point line (8-19; 42%) which gave them an edge for a while. UNC could not hit wide open mid-range jumpers.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Heard a conversation today on sports talk show that the poor shooting was in part due to the lousy way the court/arena was set up. Players had some difficulty seeing the baskets.

Thought that was interesting....anyone know more information about this possibility?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The court was horrible, players slipping around like it was the Frozen Four instead of the Final Four. The refs were flat out horrible like they were the whole tournament. At least UNC won!:biggrin2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Ain't that the truth. The big guy for Gonzaga missed a ton of shots right at the rim. He was defended but not enough to force the misses he was putting up. Gonzaga shot well from the 3-point line (8-19; 42%) which gave them an edge for a while. UNC could not hit wide open mid-range jumpers.
There were a whole lot of air balls in that game. I don't think I have ever seen that many in one game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.