Link: Comey debunks wiretapp tweets, confirms Russia/Trump campaign investigation...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://shareblue.com/rubio-in-2016-...e-a-president-under-investigation-by-the-fbi/

Senator Marco Rubio said America cannot operate with a president under FBI investigation, and that it would be "trauma" for America. Now that we know that Donald Trump and his team are being investigated by the FBI, what will Rubio do?

During the presidential campaign, Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) said that America cannot operate with a president under FBI investigation, and that to do so would be “trauma” for America.
Uttering those words exactly a week before the 2016 election, Rubio was referring to Hillary Clinton and the controversy over emails. He was more than willing to echo the Trump campaign’s message even as the FBI had cleared her of wrongdoing.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If Trump Is Innocent, Why Is He Acting So Guilty?

https://newrepublic.com/article/141476/trump-innocent-acting-guilty

The Trump White House’s contempt for the press—and for the more general notion that there are inconvenient truths in the world that can’t be denied out of existence—is so well established by now that many of us who cover politics have become desensitized to its constant manifestations.

But sometimes, the administration’s dissembling is so egregious that it can’t be laughed off, such as on Monday when White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer revised the history of the Trump campaign, transition, and the early days of the administration to write central characters into trivial roles.

At his daily briefing, Spicer referred to now-deposed national security adviser Michael Flynn as a “volunteer of the campaign” and Paul Manafort—who was Trump’s campaign manager—as someone “who played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time.”

As Spicer spoke, FBI Director James Comey was testifying on Capitol Hill, where he both disputed Trump’s claim that he was unlawfully wiretapped last year by President Barack Obama and confirmed that the FBI is “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts … includ[ing] an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.”

It is hard to say, exactly, how a presidential administration should behave when it has been the beneficiary, wittingly or unwittingly, of foreign interference on its behalf. The U.S. intelligence community has already concluded that the Russian government sabotaged Hillary Clinton’s campaign to bolster Trump’s candidacy. Even under the most innocent of circumstances, Trump and his senior aides would find themselves in the awkward position of having to contend with the role that dirty tricks played in their rise to political power.

But the defensive, contentious posture they have adopted—marked by obfuscation, deflection, and wild counterpunching—doesn’t call to mind the temporary embarrassment of a political team benefiting from the interference of some noxious but unaffiliated entity, like the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that smeared Democratic nominee John Kerry in 2004. They’re acting like cornered animals. And though Trump’s response to these developments is dressed up with the trappings of the presidency, including a White House press secretary who speaks on his behalf every day, it bears all the hallmarks of his standard reaction when his unsavory associations come back to bite him. This is vintage, guilty Trump.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Looks like the Trumpsters on this board have finally realized he is beyond making excuses for.
Personally, I haven't posted any replies or rebuttal links to articles in these conspiracy threads because, you can't fix nor argue with stupid. I figured I would let you fellows deal with your pain in your own unique ways and just hope that you are better by football season.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Personally, I haven't posted any replies or rebuttal links to articles in these conspiracy threads because, you can't fix nor argue with stupid. I figured I would let you fellows deal with your pain in your own unique ways and just hope that you are better by football season.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The Russians have no way of influencing the way in which American voters cast their ballots, and Trump won by a virtual landslide.

This is not about Trump, nor the Russians. It is about keeping the democrat voters involved with and donating to their party.

Comey works for Hillary, and both are up to their eyeballs in the "Pizzagate" scandal. He does as he is told.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The Russians have no way of influencing the way in which American voters cast their ballots,
It may not be influence in the way you mean or that most people mean when they say "hacking" but they heavily use internet trolls to sway opinions and to obfuscate the issues on social media, internet forums, comment boards, etc. This does have an influence and is why PR firms use them as well.

The amount of impact it has can't really be measured I don't imagine but it is there. And I would not be shocked if we do it to others as well.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The Russians have no way of influencing the way in which American voters cast their ballots, and Trump won by a virtual landslide.

This is not about Trump, nor the Russians. It is about keeping the democrat voters involved with and donating to their party.

Comey works for Hillary, and both are up to their eyeballs in the "Pizzagate" scandal. He does as he is told.
it's a little bit early to start drinking on a weekday, don't you think?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I ignored this in the first response but talk about conspiracy theories.

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/31/jam...ary-clintons-email-exposed-a-rift-in-the-fbi/

Some officials within the organization are questioning the decision of FBI Director James Comey to release a letter announcing that there may be emails relevant to the Hillary Clinton email case, which caused upheaval in the political world Friday, according to the Wall Street Journal. Comey’s decision, just days before the election, caused backlash against the director for getting involved in a presidential election with less than two weeks until the polls closed.
You forget about this? That helped further seal up the election for Trump? Seems like something an employee of Hillary would do. :rolleyes:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Surely you cant be serious

:pDT_jok: :rofl:

Last edited:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

We just need to wait and see what comes from the investigation. As was the case with HRC, if Trump is not formally charged then he did nothing wrong.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It may not be influence in the way you mean or that most people mean when they say "hacking" but they heavily use internet trolls to sway opinions and to obfuscate the issues on social media, internet forums, comment boards, etc. This does have an influence and is why PR firms use them as well.

The amount of impact it has can't really be measured I don't imagine but it is there. And I would not be shocked if we do it to others as well.
We surely do. Actually, I think we are a little more overt about it than the Russians.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

I do not know whether or not The Washington Times is fake news.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
How long has the investigation been going on?

Did they find any conclusive evidence yet?

If not, I'm not surprised.

Just like the investigation into Hillary's emails - usually no one is going to pin anything on those who are in power.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.