Link: Comey debunks wiretapp tweets, confirms Russia/Trump campaign investigation...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
US Officials: Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

One law enforcement official said the information in hand suggests "people connected to the campaign were in contact and it appeared they were giving the thumbs up to release information when it was ready." But other U.S. officials who spoke to CNN say it's premature to draw that inference from the information gathered so far since it's largely circumstantial.

The FBI cannot yet prove that collusion took place, but the information suggesting collusion is now a large focus of the investigation, the officials said.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I wouldn't break out the champagne and party hats yet.

Trump doesn't respect the office enough to resign to avoid damaging the Republicans if they were ever close to having to impeach. And with how Republicans in congress are behaving, I don't see him ever seeing impeachment as a valid threat. At least not until 2018. My main fear is that people have used up all their frenzy within the first 100 days. The American public doesn't have the stamina to do this for another 21 months, and Democrats don't show up in off year election cycles.

It would take a memo between Trump and Putin outlining who was going to do what and when. As it is, I think Trump will happily shed staff if connections are found within the White House. As it is he will just say "What more do you want me to do? I've fired everyone connected to the campaign who had connections to Russia. I even fired the NSAdvisor when I found out about him. What can you expect, I'm just a businessman. I'm new to all this politics, I needed time to get used to the job. Hillary got away with 4 years of hearings on emails, but the investigations turned up nothing."

His base already believe this is a kangaroo court set up by the deep state left by Obama. There is zero incentive for congress to do anything but play to their base. Both democrats and republicans alike.

As it is right now, I'd give odds of impeachment proceedings under 10%. And that may be generous.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The only real question is whether the white house ordered surveillance of Trump. Comey and Rogers were very clear that there is no evidence that it ever happened either by our government or GCHQ. Certainly, Obama didn't go to Trump Tower with Butt Set in hand.:rolleyes:
Trump needs to start listening to his own security agencies (CIA FBI NSA etc) rather than to talking heads on Fox news. He is a clown and proving it more and more every day.
I know your comment was 3 pages back but I've been working all day so I know you'll forgive my late arrival.

To wonder whether "the Obama administration" ordered surveillance of Trump, rather than whether there really was surveillance sort of admits that there was, but just wondering who gave the order. If it happened, someone had to give the order, wouldn't you agree? Or was it done by yet another "rogue agent"?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
I mean, it's pretty damn difficult unless you are ​someone familiar with telephone circuitry. This is about like a mechanical engineer saying aerodynamics isn't really that hard to understand if you've studied aerodynamics.

No one is contending that, if this indeed happened, the parties that did the actual tapping had a difficult time doing it. The contention is that Trump, as he is wont to do, completely made this up as some sort of distraction or more likely, because he just felt like it, and didn't take seriously the fact that the FBI would take a bit of interest in such a claim. The contention is Trump behaves like a tin foil hat wearing loony posting on every other political message board, or calling into Alex Jones's radio show. Not the President of the United States.
Well, I haven't exactly studied aerodynamics, but I have stuck my hand out the car window a time or two and moved it around like it was an airplane. I think I understand it just fine.

I completely understand Trump's fondness for, or at least reliance on, social media. He can't trust the lame stream media to put his point across without stabbing daggers in his back, so he has to get his point across somehow. Since this is the 21st century, and social media is well accepted throughout our society and is a vital communications tool, why not use it to his advantage?

Before you eviscerate Trump for not acting like the POTUS, you might want to recall his most recent predecessor, who himself had a fondness for guest appearances on late night TV talk shows.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
To wonder whether "the Obama administration" ordered surveillance of Trump, rather than whether there really was surveillance sort of admits that there was, but just wondering who gave the order. If it happened, someone had to give the order, wouldn't you agree? Or was it done by yet another "rogue agent"?
Or surveillance was already ongoing on individual persons of interest that then were tapped while talking to Trump tower rather than Trump Tower being directly tapped/targeted.

With some of the more information coming out about Manafort it's not much of a stretch to see that happening.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Before you eviscerate Trump for not acting like the POTUS, you might want to recall his most recent predecessor, who himself had a fondness for guest appearances on late night TV talk shows.
As much as I often wasn't a fan of Obama there is no comparison in the two. They're not even in the same galaxy.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I know your comment was 3 pages back but I've been working all day so I know you'll forgive my late arrival.

First, it was Trump that claimed that it was Obama, I added the word administration to broaden Trump's specific rant so as not to get hung up on specifics.
Second, there is still no evidence that Trump was targeted with any surveillance by anyone connected to our government or the GCHQ.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
First, it was Trump that claimed that it was Obama, I added the word administration to broaden Trump's specific rant so as not to get hung up on specifics.
Second, there is still no evidence that Trump was targeted with any surveillance by anyone connected to our government or the GCHQ.
We know now that conversations with the Trump election team were recorded. We probably wont ever know what was said. But that being said Obama appointed the heads of the security departments who conduct surveillance. Its scary as hell that the government has the power to record all our conversations. I understand the need for national security, but the idiots who leaked this information need to be put in jail.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
We know now that conversations with the Trump election team were recorded. We probably wont ever know what was said. But that being said Obama appointed the heads of the security departments who conduct surveillance. Its scary as hell that the government has the power to record all our conversations. I understand the need for national security, but the idiots who leaked this information need to be put in jail.
That would be Nunes.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I wouldn't break out the champagne and party hats yet.

Trump doesn't respect the office enough to resign to avoid damaging the Republicans if they were ever close to having to impeach. And with how Republicans in congress are behaving, I don't see him ever seeing impeachment as a valid threat. At least not until 2018. My main fear is that people have used up all their frenzy within the first 100 days. The American public doesn't have the stamina to do this for another 21 months, and Democrats don't show up in off year election cycles.

It would take a memo between Trump and Putin outlining who was going to do what and when. As it is, I think Trump will happily shed staff if connections are found within the White House. As it is he will just say "What more do you want me to do? I've fired everyone connected to the campaign who had connections to Russia. I even fired the NSAdvisor when I found out about him. What can you expect, I'm just a businessman. I'm new to all this politics, I needed time to get used to the job. Hillary got away with 4 years of hearings on emails, but the investigations turned up nothing."

His base already believe this is a kangaroo court set up by the deep state left by Obama. There is zero incentive for congress to do anything but play to their base. Both democrats and republicans alike.

As it is right now, I'd give odds of impeachment proceedings under 10%. And that may be generous.
there is nothing to celebrate. This is a mess, but I am like a junky with every little bit of news on it. We are either seeing the biggest scandal since Nixon or the D's have finally got their act together on how to pull the R's style attack. Either way it is fascinating to watch

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I'm not criticizing the leak of information, per se (although Trump's embrace of said leaking is the height of hypocrisy). No, my issue with Nunes is that his actions seem to dramatically underscore a potential conflict of interest and raise the question of whether he should be permitted to continue as chairman of this investigation. He was part of Trump's transition team. Today, he learns that Trump's transition team was caught up in legal FISA surveillance over multiple months. And his first instinct isn't to share that information with the investigatory committee that he leads, but instead to tell Paul Ryan and brief Trump on the evidence they're collecting against he and his allies? This behavior does not inspire faith in Nunes.
He is acting much like the minority leader. Every time he has a presser it is very political. Both sides need to learn to work and play together.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well, I haven't exactly studied aerodynamics, but I have stuck my hand out the car window a time or two and moved it around like it was an airplane. I think I understand it just fine.

I completely understand Trump's fondness for, or at least reliance on, social media. He can't trust the lame stream media to put his point across without stabbing daggers in his back, so he has to get his point across somehow. Since this is the 21st century, and social media is well accepted throughout our society and is a vital communications tool, why not use it to his advantage?

I have eviscerated both Trump and Obama. Taken a bit of a beating a time or two on here for it. And while I have major problems with the chaos Obama often left in his wake, this is completely different.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
He is acting much like the minority leader. Every time he has a presser it is very political. Both sides need to learn to work and play together.
You can't equate the two. Nunes' action yesterday wasn't just political, it was potential obstruction.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
I agreed with you on the addition of "administration". Obama himself wouldn't know how.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.