Link: Comey debunks wiretapp tweets, confirms Russia/Trump campaign investigation...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Originally Posted by Bama Reb

Well, I haven't exactly studied aerodynamics, but I have stuck my hand out the car window a time or two and moved it around like it was an airplane. I think I understand it just fine.

[/QUOTE

My Momma would yell "get your arm back inside the car. Your Uncle Jimmy lost his arm that way when a semi went by and ripped it off.":eek2:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Rollingstone does a nice job of summing up what we know currently, conclusion below but the whole article is linked and worth the read

Take a step back. Consider what we're talking about here:

Manafort was previously paid tens of millions of dollars by a Russian oligarch after proposing a secret, multifaceted campaign to influence U.S. politics and media to "greatly benefit" the interests of the Putin government in the United States.

A few years later, as Manafort had risen to become the campaign chairman of the Republican nominee for president, the Putin government engaged in its own multifaceted campaign to influence U.S. politics and media – seeking to undermine Hillary Clinton and ultimately to promote Donald Trump. The U.S. intelligence assessment on Putin's interference in the 2016 election records that active Russian promotion of Trump began the same month that Manafort took the helm as Trump's campaign manager. "Starting in March 2016," it reads, "Russian Government-linked actors began openly supporting President-elect Trump's candidacy in media aimed at English-speaking audiences."
Perhaps there is an innocent explanation for these raging cross-currents of Russian influence and Republican politics. But listen to top Russia hawks in the U.S. Senate and that seems unlikely. "There are other shoes that will drop," Sen. John McCain told Bloomberg of the Manafort affair. "This is a centipede."
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/kremlingate-creeps-closer-to-trump-w473460

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I thought what Nunes was given was already in the possession of intelligence agencies. Not sure how what he did would be obstruction if that is the case.
Obstruction because part of his committees investigation was of Trump and he went to Trump to inform him. Somewhat like a prosecutor going directly to the perp to tell him what he has found.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Obstruction because part of his committees investigation was of Trump and he went to Trump to inform him. Somewhat like a prosecutor going directly to the perp to tell him what he has found.
If it's obstruction, I assume the House will expel or censure him. Interestingly, the evidence given to Trump is pertinent to any investigation of Trump's claims, which might explain why the evidence was made available to Trump. I'm not sure the House investigation has sole ownership of the evidence.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Nunes is supposed to share the info with the rest of the committee today. Which he should have done before he told Trump. At this point we know virtually nothing about what Nunes gave to Trump. What it is or where it came from. I eagerly await Nunes sharing this info.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Nunes is supposed to share the info with the rest of the committee today. Which he should have done before he told Trump. At this point we know virtually nothing about what Nunes gave to Trump. What it is or where it came from. I eagerly await Nunes sharing this info.
considering that Nunes was a part of the Trump Transition team I'm a bit skeptical of what information he has that exonerates the Transition team. But, we'll see

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Monday: Comey confirms that Trump and his team are under an active FBI investigation looking into possible collusion with Russia during the campaign.

Wednesday: Chairman Nunes is given intelligence related to surveillance of Trump and his team during the transition. He does not share this information with the investigatory committee, and immediately briefs Trump on the evidence.

Thursday: Chairman Nunes steadfastly refuses to share this intelligence with the the committee that is investigating Trump.

Friday: Chairman Nunes cancels the open Intelligence Committee hearing with Clapper, Brennan and Yates in attempt to choke off public info.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Monday: Comey confirms that Trump and his team are under an active FBI investigation looking into possible collusion with Russia during the campaign.

Wednesday: Chairman Nunes is given intelligence related to surveillance of Trump and his team during the transition. He does not share this information with the investigatory committee, and immediately briefs Trump on the evidence.

Thursday: Chairman Nunes steadfastly refuses to share this intelligence with the the committee that is investigating Trump.

Friday: Chairman Nunes cancels the open Intelligence Committee hearing with Clapper, Brennan and Yates in attempt to choke off public info.
Nunes needs to be removed ASAP. He is a stooge for Trump and a part of the team being investigated. It is a joke

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
If it's obstruction, I assume the House will expel or censure him. Interestingly, the evidence given to Trump is pertinent to any investigation of Trump's claims, which might explain why the evidence was made available to Trump. I'm not sure the House investigation has sole ownership of the evidence.
Nunes shouldn't have done what he did, period. I dont see anybody else defending what he did.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Obstruction of whom? He is changing from open meeting to closed. Is there evidence he has hidden something?
He's withholding evidence from the committee, and he briefed the subject under investigation of said evidence. Also, he canceled the meeting, not merely closed it to the public.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and yet another meeting with Russians that the whitehouse "forgot" to disclose

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...ith-head-of-Russian-bank-under-sanctions.html

Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of President Trump, will be questioned by the Senate Intelligence Committee as part of the panel's investigation into Russia’s interference during the 2016 election.

"Mr. Kushner has volunteered to be interviewed as part of the committee's investigation into the Russian activities surrounding the 2016 election," Sens. Richard Burr (R, N.C.) and Mark Warner (D, Va.), the committee's chairman and vice chairman, told The New York Times in a statement.

According to the Times, the questions for Kushner will focus on two meetings he had with Russian agents in December, prior to his father-in-law's inauguration as president.

The first took place with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, alongside ousted national security adviser Michael Flynn, at Trump Tower.

The second was a previously undisclosed meeting between Kushner and Sergey Gorkov, the head of Russia’s state-owned Vnesheconombank, which has been under sanctions since the annexation of Crimea in 2014.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
That bank also was found guilty of running a spy ring out of New York as well evidently.

Also it's funny how there were all these special undisclosed meetings with Russians but nothing important was ever discussed in them & everything is forgotten in a week's time. I know when I want to talk about what I watched on Netflix last night I get with the Russian Ambassador behind closed doors & we just have ourselves a small talk party.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
That bank also was found guilty of running a spy ring out of New York as well evidently.

Also it's funny how there were all these special undisclosed meetings with Russians but nothing important was ever discussed in them & everything is forgotten in a week's time. I know when I want to talk about what I watched on Netflix last night I get with the Russian Ambassador behind closed doors & we just have ourselves a small talk party.
Interesting. We usually talk about the latest episode of The Americans.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Obstruction of whom? He is changing from open meeting to closed. Is there evidence he has hidden something?
So Trump is commander in chief. Who has a higher security clearance. I bet he even has a key to area 51. I am sick of the infighting between the Democrats and Republicans. I am for term limits, and heck yes drain the swamp and do away with political parties.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.