Link: Comey debunks wiretapp tweets, confirms Russia/Trump campaign investigation...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Jumping in and jumping back out - and maybe someone has already said this - but if you're not following Tim Mak, Rick Wilson, Eli Lake and David Frum on this scandal...you're missing out.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Ousted National Security Advisor Mike Flynn told the FBI and congressional officials he would submit to an interview in exchange for immunity from prosecution, officials close to the matter told the WSJ. According to the officials, the FBI and the Senate Intel Committee officials haven't accepted that deal yet.
Beat me to it Charmin. You fast!:) He will submit to an interview? He can be subpoenaed and forced to testify under oath. I wonder if what Flynn has to say is worth immunity?

These are interesting times,

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Beat me to it Charmin. You fast!:) He will submit to an interview? He can be subpoenaed and forced to testify under oath. I wonder if what Flynn has to say is worth immunity?

Theses are interesting times,
"Submitting" to the interview with immunity implies not taking the 5th; being subpoenaed does not.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Theses are interesting times,
Interesting indeed. The immunity request is basically requesting a plea deal. Not good for Team Trump. Bad. Really bad...

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Flynn must have something on somebody to ask for immunity, right? Some of you lawyer types on here can maybe set this straight, but I always looked at immunity as you have some information to trade for your freedom. This can't be good for the pocket potus.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Flynn must have something on somebody to ask for immunity, right? Some of you lawyer types on here can maybe set this straight, but I always looked at immunity as you have some information to trade for your freedom. This can't be good for the pocket potus.
typically it would mean he and others were involved in criminal activity and he is willing to sequel on the others to mitigate his damages. But right now things are not quite typical so who knows

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Interesting indeed. The immunity request is basically requesting a plea deal. Not good for Team Trump. Bad. Really bad...
Apparently, he's been shopping this offer around, so he seems quite worried. And, reportedly, the offer has not been accepted... Interpret that as you will.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Is the Michael Flynn now asking for immunity the same that just last year publicly declared that people connected to Hillary were probably guilty since they were requesting immunity?:rolleyes: Ooooooooh the irony!

Last edited:

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
The Flynn immunity thing is so strange. The Left is convinced he has dirt on Donald. The Right is convinced that he has dirt on Obama. I'm so glad I haven't waded into this one on social media because the claws are out!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The Flynn immunity thing is so strange. The Left is convinced he has dirt on Donald. The Right is convinced that he has dirt on Obama. I'm so glad I haven't waded into this one on social media because the claws are out!
If he had dirt on Obama he'd just broadcast it live from the Oval Office without a care in the world. Even if complicit Trump would happily pardon him for anything that caused a distraction, especially dirt on Obama. That is some next level straw grasping right there

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If he had dirt on Obama he'd just broadcast it live from the Oval Office without a care in the world. Even if complicit Trump would happily pardon him for anything that caused a distraction, especially dirt on Obama. That is some next level straw grasping right there
it is a foundational principle that there always has to be a both sides do it equally angle.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
it is a foundational principle that there always has to be a both sides do it equally angle.
To an extent, that's how we got in this mess. There are not always two sides to an issue. Sometimes there are five, sometimes only one. And they are rarely equivalent in any objective sense.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
at some point, panic will set in.

i imagine that staff meetings in the white house are fun right about now.
Yup. The SIC deciding they don't need his testimony might actually be worse for all involved. Either that, or he's being set up as the lone fall guy and they don't want to grant immunity to the scapegoat.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
He'll probably go and take the fifth. That's what happened with Ms Lerner. I'm not excusing anything or saying it's okay just guessing that's what will happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.