NJ Elementary students hold mock slave trade as part of history re-enactment

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't see the problem. I think it helps make it more real to the students if they are actually being sold or seeing their friends sold.

Although I don't think a substitute teacher should try something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I don't see the problem. I think it helps make it more real to the students if they are actually being sold or seeing their friends sold.

Although I don't think a substitute teacher should try something like this.
I'm with you--it could be a good idea, but not something that a sub should let happen without consulting the regular teacher and principal.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
According to a note sent home to parents in the Jefferson School class, the teacher was out after a dental surgery when some students "used creative license" to present a project on the Triangular Slave Trade, a topic in the class's colonization unit.
Cool, was rum involved?

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
The sub is finished in that school district and probably the state of NJ. Follow the plans if they are their and if not, get with the principal but whatever you do, do not fly solo!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The sub is finished in that school district and probably the state of NJ. Follow the plans if they are their and if not, get with the principal but whatever you do, do not fly solo!
Yep. My wife is a school teacher and granted no one has pulled something like this. She's seen a many of sub go all renegade with sub plans and not ever get called back again.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.