Nick King and Brandon Austin Transferring

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No surprise

Two University of Alabama basketball players, forwards Nick King and Brandon Austin, are expected to transfer from UA and play elsewhere in the 2017-18 season, The Tuscaloosa News learned on Friday.
And probably the biggest part:

The two transfers would put Alabama at 12 players on scholarship for the 2017-18 season, one below the NCAA limit.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
King is a little bit of a surprise for me but I never got a feel for his abilities.

Will this basically end up being a "trade" of a senior for another senior who may have a better fit?

Are there any JUCO's or high school players left that would be added for the upcoming season or maybe an underclassman who transfers and has to sit a year?

Now I'm getting all antsy again...anxious to see who comes in.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With the coaching firings and hirings, some players ask for their release, so Bama might be able to get a guy that way.

The most likely scenario will be Bama getting a graduate transfer.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Yeah, unfortunately figured we would see a transfer two. Best of luck to them going forward.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Under Grand, it seemed like the transfers would always leave a giant hole. This time, they clear some needed space. I wish them luck and look forward to seeing who comes in.

BamaBen15

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 3, 2017
Under Grand, it seemed like the transfers would always leave a giant hole. This time, they clear some needed space. I wish them luck and look forward to seeing who comes in.
Agreed here. We were losing key pieces...not possible role guys. I had hopes for King but he did not look like he would be more than an end of the rotation type guy anyways.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
King was getting great reviews when he was practicing while sitting out

it's a situation is kind of a mystery to me

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.