Game thread BAMA -SC GAME 1

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A couple of long balls and, other than the first inning, some darn good pitching. Good to get a conference win.

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
Suchey pitched as good as anyone on the staff this year. Fastballs for strikes. Ahead of most hitters. Really fun to see. Undefeated on the road!!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Maybe not the right spot for this but, pretty damning allegations against Goff on BAMAinsider.com. It is a pay site but, poster who insinuates they are a players dad alleges:

1. Brock having TJ surgery due to over use. (Parents and players hacked off)
2. Crazy rules for road trip (Would be a shock seeing the crazy behavior contract they had to sign before fall ball)
3. Bus everywhere b/c Goff doesn't fly (Pretty much been confirmed)
4. Recruits cannot talk to current players 1:1. Access very limited and controlled
5. Alleges as La Tech withheld food $$ from players on the road. (Not sure I believe that one)

If this is true I pray the man is shown the door once the season is over. That said, I am going to enjoy this victory and support our kids! ROLL TIDE!

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Suchey was solid! Pitched 3.1 innings so likely unavailable until Sunday and even then I'd suspect he might have an inning in his arm. You hit the nail on the head he threw his FB to get ahead in the count.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
What are the road trip rules? Is Goff afraid to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seen it mentioned several places Goff is afraid to fly.

The post of BAMAinsider didn't specify the rules. I would guess they are silmar to his rule sheet they signed back in the fall. Basically micromanaging every minute on the road.

IMO he needs to get over the flight BS. No so concerned about road rules. Every coach has them and being the first trip I can understand setting the expectation.

The overuse of his pitchers is my biggest concern. As I said in my previous post, not sure I believe the food / per diem allegations as those would be major issues and I believe our AD wouldn't allow that to happen.

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
If they play better and are fortunate to get to a regional,,,,bit of a stretch right now. Bama probably would have to go out west,,,maybe Oregon or Seattle or maybe Tucson.....Hope GG gets over his fear of flying by then!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.